New tyres

Adrian2

I want to replace the 10 year old YokohamaA008s (185/60 R14 size) on my CVH engines Sei.  I recently started using the car more after an enforced break and although dry grip is OK it's dreadful in the wet.  

Can anyone recomend a good tyre for road use - I only care about grip not life!

AO48R seem to be the tyre of choice at the moment. Try George Polley for prices.

Andy

I want to replace the 10 year old YokohamaA008s

Tooo right you do those are well past their use by date  :D  :D  :D  :D  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:

Thanks, I'd been wondering whether it was me (driving too many underpowered front wheel drive cars) or thetyres - actually probably both.   Are AO48Rs road legal though ?- they're listed as a rcae trye on George Polly's webiste

Hmmm...I'm considering getting some, based on the fact that people have told me they're Ok in the wet...

Am I being misled?

Andy

have told me they're Ok in the wet...

Am I being misled?

A048' are okay in the wet...ie driveable under normal conditions, but boot it hard and the tail will flip out  :D  

They are more of a dry tyre..minimal tread pattern and maximum legal rubber in contact with the road...I have had them for a year now and really rate them but I don't go out in the wet much...as a matter of choice  :D

If you like to play alot on wet roads then you might be better with A021's.

I hope that's of some use  ???