Bike/Cossie Power

Messer

Currently have an SEiW with XE close to 200hp at fly and weighs in at 610 kgs, with full screen, heater, and other lardy bits.

Question is, will I be dissapointed if I sold it and bought either a megablade or cossie power?

I think you'd prolly want a megabusa if you're used to a 200bhp XE.

A blade will make all the right noises and maybe as fast as your XE if its nice and light and specced up, but a busa will be more satisfying.

Cossie shouldnt dissapoint.  Its got that kick that you can only get from a turbo and tuning is cheap as chips (relatively).  400bhp has been done in a 7 with cossie power so that should be more than enough.  Might add a lot of weight tho.  I'd consider a turbo's busa as it'll be lighter but more expensive :(

Its got that kick that you can only get from a turbo and tuning is cheap as chips (relatively).

Assuming, of course, that it is turbocharged...

Depends if you want it to *feel* fast or *be* fast.

A turbo cossie will feel fastest like scruffy says, but make sure you like how turbos behave in a light car - I don't - tried it, span, often. If it's an atmo cossie it'll feel about the same as the vx.

A blade will feel slower than the vx, even if the power to weight is similar, cos (relatively) there's not much torque.

But with the same power to weight the blade will actually be faster as there's less to stop and turn.

Personally, I'd buy a VW Bus.  :t-up:

Why on earth would you want a cossie without the turbo?  All the weight, none of the fun :0:p

Why on earth would you want a cossie without the turbo?

Where's Garry Bunn - calling Garry  :D  :D Mr Scruffy needs enlightening  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

You could of course be really radical, and go for a Cross Flow!

Can we pin this post to the top of the page and officially recognise this is the best idea that Mr Willis has ever had  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:

The only thing about feeling fast with a X-flow is that it must have 200bhp and the car must be 500kgs.

Still only another 5 kgs to go then  :D  :D  :D  :D

When it comes to N/A Cossies Garry's car has got to be one of the best examples and I have never heard him say that its not got enough power    :D  :D  :D

Why on earth would you want a cossie without the turbo?  All the weight, none of the fun :0:p

:devil: Or, to put it another way, a random dose of power, and a good chance you won't know which way you are going to be facing round the next bend... ;)

Why on earth would you want a cossie without the turbo?  All the weight, none of the fun

Trying really hard not to bite.... :p

Nah. After a cuppa and a choccy biccy, I just decided you were wrong. I know you are, and so does everyone else, so I thought I'd leave it and let you live in peace on your planet :p

My cossie has only got 270bhp, going sideways in the wet is all part of the fun.. in the dry it will eat most things. Being in Bradistan it likes Scoobies and Evos...I came down to cars from fast bikes and get nearly as good a rush from my new toy as I did from the bike. Besides, I always looked a complete nunney in leathers!! Set up right, cossie, no lag lots of grunt and great noise. Can't say what bike power in a light car feels like but imagine it would be well good if a little low on grunt. Probably better for the track etc, horses for courses and all that.

Jon