Pre SVAInsurance

franco12

Get insurance using the chassis number as the identifier for the insurance co. You won't be the first to ask...

You'll need to update them with a reg number when you get it, but it's as simple as that...

Any kit car insurance company will know what you're talking about. 'Normal' car insurance or household insurance companies will not have a clue!

I used Footman James (but I have no doubt that all the kit car companies would offer the same) they gave me a laid up vehicle policy. It was pretty reasonable and covered me for fire, theft and any mishaps that might happen whilst transporting the kit in whatever shape it happened to be at the time. Actually got it before I picked the parts, it'd be annoying to say the least if you had your van stolen on the way back from Westfield for example.

When I'd finished the build, they changed the policy (for an extra premium) to cover me for driving to/from SVA on the chassis number and then added the registration number when I'd got one.

Graham.

You will also find Footman James will cover you to drive to the SVA test and back, and it is legal to do so providing you have insurance, and evidence of the SVA appointment with you.