Zetec Motor 1.6 vs. 2.0

Vincent Langan

I am hoping that someone can answer the following questions:

1. Are the bellhousing bolt patterns the same for a 1.6 vs. 2.0?

2. I looked under the valve cover of my 1.6 and noticed what appeared to be rust toward the front of the engine? When I pulled the plugs, I had rust near the bottom. Is this normal?

Good luck trivia masters.....

cheers,

Vince :arse:

Bellhouse bolt pattern are the same on

X flow

Pinto

CVH

Zetec [but some have different blocks]

The bolt pattern changes for the Duratec

It's not unusual to have a little rust around the plugs.   Water collects down there.   You'll probably find it is just superficial rust on the bolt heads, and nothing to worry about.

Why use a 1600 Zetec?  The engine is very restrictive, even when compared to a standard 1800 or 2000.

From Shawspeed:

In conjunction with the 2.0 Duratec HE this is in our estimation one of the most significant engines to be introduced to the kit car market for a number of years. The engine is found in the Focus, Fiesta and 1600 Puma. Being of all alloy construction and very compact dimensions the engine is extremely light in weight. The head has good ports as standard and the standard valves can be retained for up to 220bhp.

The engine already has a healthy competition background a derivative having been used in the Puma Super 1600 cars as campaigned by Ford RallyeSport in the Junior World Rally Championship. The Sigma engine is also installed in the latest Fiesta Super 1600 rally car which will make it's competition debut later this season.

Thats not a 'Zetec' as we would normally know it....  Thats from the 'Duratec' or Yamaha range of Ford engines, hence the 'Zetec SE' label.  Ford do seem to enjoy trying to confuse.... :0

John Loudon has one. I think it's in more bits than Ford/Yanaha intended right now though...