• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Big 40 coming up and SVA too!

swiftr

Couple of things!

I'll be 40 fairly soon (not that soon but want to plan ahead for once) and I've also got a 'finished' Westie in the garage that I need to get through SVA before the weather gets too good!

For the birthday I'd like to hire out a racing day type thing where we can have a bit of a blast round either an airfield or racing circuit. Any ideas where might be good, i.e. ones that supply cars and let you take over the place for a day (not one of the 'gift' types where you get 4 laps)?

Also, I have my Westie finished at last but could do with some advice about getting ready for the SVA. Particurlarly setting up toe in/out and camber. I'm sure the factory do a great job, but it's a long way from Killamarsh to trailer the car and I think that my local MOT garage can set up that and the lights. Any ideas (or pointers to stuff already on here I've not found by searching welcome).

Thanks,

Richard

Any ideas where might be good, i.e. ones that supply cars and let you take over the place for a day

For one off hire

Circuits start at anything from £6000+vat for a day - and then you gotta find someone to hire you cars - which is doubtful

Airfields can be from £3000 (ish) + your cars again

Why not use your own Westfield - its what they're designed for - honest  :D  :D  :D  :D

Sign up for a Don Palmer driver training day  ;) use your own car all day and receive instruction  ;)  ;)

or there are "school" days at Prescott and Gurston hills

Is that Killamarsh near Chesterfield ?

If so you need to take the car to Trev at Tranzpower for the suspension set up.  His number is 01246456277.

If you are near Chesterfield and need a trailer for you SVA run you are more than welcome to borrow mine for a day.

Rob

nice to give it a run b4 sva so ya dont get any brake downs cost me £100 on a wasted run to sva for a wiring fault

i found a set of plates of a robin hood and tax disk and a scud down to lemans for the week b4 sva worked 4 me but i is a rude boy.

good luck on sva dont know if i do that again?

jamie

Rob, yes it is the Killamarsh near Chesterfield. Thanks for the info on where to get the suspension set up. Also, I may well scrounge your trailer for the day of the SVA (I assume Derby is the nearest SVA test centre to me?).

Cheers,

Richard  :p