twin engined

harky

I was lucky enough to be at knockhill race circuit last weekend when they were running a top marques open day.The criteria for this is every vehicle must be valued at £10000 min(porsche,ferrari,evos,imprezia etc etc).There was a bloke there with a twin engined hyabusa westy which basically tore strips of every car on the track.I never had the chance to speak to him but was wondering if anyone has come across this before as it was a first for me.

Even better does anyone know who the owner is and are they going back to knockhill again.

Out fo curiousity does anybody have any figures on 0-60 or 0-100 times for something like this......

Out fo curiousity does anybody have any figures on 0-60 or 0-100 times for something like this......

Twin engined cars have been around for a while now, but personally this is the first I've heard of with twin Hayabusa engines (Could just be me living under a rock :) )

Regarding 0-60 and 0-100, At a guess, I'd say around 3 seconds and a shade over seven seconds respectively depending on tyres :0

This Tiger site, shows what a twin engined car with 4WD can do !!!  (Click on 'Cars' and then Z100WR) Tiger Racing.

Jon

Or you could try here who actually built it and offer replicas at £39,995  :0  :0

0-60 in 2.8s (and 41 metres  :0  :0 )

0-100 in 6.3s

on road tyres  ;)  ;)

Tim Put his car together himself """

Chris modded the chassis and provided the transfer box.

Cheers

Bazzer

0-60 in 2.8s.

having never experienced anything as quick as that i assume you must need neck muscles like mike tyson or is it not that bad.

any idea what a f1 car does 0-60 in.cant be that big a difference. :0  :0  :0

Suzuki GSXR1000 will do it in about 2.6secs IIRC and most recent sportsbikes over 600cc will be around the 3sec mark or slightly less - you just brace yourself and hang on  :cool:  :0  :D

An F1 car was 'timed' at about 2secs? I think when Autocar compared the Eddie Irvine JagF1 but there seems to be some doubt over whether they actually tested it or just used Jaguar's datalogging figures

Top Fuel dragsters do 0-100 in 1 second  :0  :D

Top Fuel dragsters do 0-100 in 1 second  :0  :D

Try 0.7 seconds. Tony Schumacher ( No their not related ) has just set a new world record of 4.465 sec 328.78 mph two weeks ago in the U.S.A and it was done at night. You can download the TV footage HERE. It looks AWSOME in the dark :cool:

You've all said it all now!  :)  :D:t-up:

Edited to add:

I'm not aware of any twin Busas FWIW, Chris' conversions all tend to be ZX9R, ZX12R, or GSXR1000 twins to the best of my knowledge. Haven't spoken to him in a while though, been too busy fixing the bodges he made to my car!  ;)  :)  :devil:

Most, if not all, of the twins to date have either been done by Chris, or he's had a heavy influence on them.   :D

Or you could try here who actually built it and offer replicas at £39,995  :0  :0

As Baz has already mentioned, I built mine myself. Then rebuilt it as a twin. Originally the car was a 1600CVH modular build.

Full details of build and subsequent rebuild here.