Warks area - Le mans 2005

nlash

Due to lots of interest, there is to be an organised group trip to Le Mans in 2005.

It is planned to run from 14-20th June (Tuesday to Monday)

This time around, there will be a van travelling in convoy with the group which Steve Robinson has kindly volunteered to drive.

This will be carrying all your necessary gear as well as things like a BBQ, Fridge, Genny, Gazebo's etc etc.

The trip is to be organised through Page & Moy, travelling via the Tunnel. I am awaiting a quote back from them reference single occupation of a vehicle, for those wishing to drive their cars without a passenger. Otherwise, prices based on two sharing a vehicle will be as follows

£169 + £45 (Gen admission ticket) + £28.75 (Insurance for those as required) PER PERSON

Camping will be on the Houx Annexe campsite, which had reasonable shower and toilet facilities last year.

Can anyone interested please come along to the January meeting on the 20th where I will take names, with a view to taking deposits and making the bookings by the time of February meeting.

Anyone not able to make the January meeting but still wishing to join the trip please either email/PM me or call me on 07931 421641

Deposits of £90 per person will be required no later than 19th February.

There is also a spare seat in the van should a Westyless person wish to accompany Steve

Ooops - edited to give correct insurance cost

Nige, I'll be watching intently on this as my other arrnagements have fallen through. Costs seem very reasonable too :).

Is the 20th the drop dead date???

Not sure on the campsite, is it on / off circuit.  (I was on Chappelle the last two years and have a craving for some grass next (oops THIS year) year :0:0:p:p:p )

Happy New Year to all

Just to let you know that i booked my campsite tickets a couple of months ago and now there is a waiting list for all campsites, so i hope you will be able to get some..

Nige, I'll be watching intently on this as my other arrnagements have fallen through. Costs seem very reasonable too :).

Is the 20th the drop dead date???

Not sure on the campsite, is it on / off circuit.  

Stuart

Sorry to hear you're arrangements have fallen through, you are of course, most welcome to join in our plans for this yrs trip.

As you are aware, group bookings can be a little tricky to organise later in the year as places get booked up so early. Last year we made the final bookings on Feb 14th which even at that time was cutting it fine. I need to get the bookings in as early as possible hence the deadline. Anyone wishing to join us after the initial booking is made, are welcome to take the chance but I wouldn't be able to guarantee success.

The campsite is within the circuit, near Tetre Rouge (start of the Mulsanne) It is about a 10 min walk to the village and as we are going on the Tuesday, there will be plenty of room available to select the best pitches before it becomes too busy. The showers and toilets are adequate and always kept clean by an attendant. The water also runs at a decent temperature. The best part of Houx Annexe is the atmosphere, especially on Mad Friday by the roundabout.

I will be talking to P&M on Tuesday ref the provisional numbers and costs for single occupancy. I will post updates on here as I get them. Depending on ticket sales with P&M, I will be looking to make the finalised booking in early Feb. The deposit reqd is £90 per person. Generally the deposit is not refundable (I think) so as a rule, no deposit no booking. I ain't going to be left out of pocket IYSYIM.

If P&M indicate that places are going very fast and the booking may be at risk in early Feb, then I may have to bring the deadline forward.

I hope you can make it along with the group Stu

Happy New Year

Nigel

Just to let you know that i booked my campsite tickets a couple of months ago and now there is a waiting list for all campsites, so i hope you will be able to get some..

Is that booking through ACO direct? Campsite places do get allocated to Travel Companies in bulk which are available through their package tours.

Yeah i book straight with the ACO and have done for the last few years. Its really easy and can be done by printing off the booking form from there website and then faxing your details across to them and they send a reply back out in the post within a couple of days.

I would concur - booking for entry tickets, parking tickets and camping is a doddle over the ACO website  :D  :D

Have a look at this Unofficial Le Mans Website

and also the club links page  ;)  ;)  ;)  :D  :D  :D  not forgetting Ask Jeeves and Google  :D  :D  :D  :D  :devil:  :devil:  :D a veritable plethora of info  :D  :D  :D  :devil:

I would concur - booking for entry tickets, parking tickets and camping is a doddle over the ACO website  :D  :D

I looked at this option over the tour operator route. Tis fine if everyone books themselves a place individually but becomes a real headache when you want to place a largish group booking.

From what I could gather, if we had gone down the ACO route then we could have very possibly been spread all over the circuit as there is no guarantee that everyone will get the same camp site.

The tour operators do take a cut, of course they do as they wouldn't have a business otherwise, but they do take large group bookings in one go and place them all on the same campsite... so that for us, was the best route to take

Yep Tour operators are fine for groups check they're abta registered  :D  :D  ;)  ;)

Once you've done it - the info you can build up yourself is invaluable  ;)  ;)  :D  ;)

Last organised trip I organised was in 97 - with 24 of us + camper and support vehicles all in a gite about 30 mins from circuit - gite was only £300 for a week for all of us c/w games room and everything  :D  :D  :D  ;) superb time - some folks never made it to the circuit but watched it on TV instead  :D  :D  ;)

have fun - tis great  :D

Yep Tour operators are fine for groups check they're abta registered  :D  :D  ;)  ;)

Page & Moy

I think they were the first to do tour packages to Le Mans from the UK some 40 years ago

Used them last year, they were very good and not a total rip off like MRI

Just checked the brochure, they are ABTA registered

Looking forward to it immensely already  :D  :D  :D

Might be worth having a look at the company featured in last club magazine  ;)  ;)  ;)  Never used em myself - but might be worth talking to at least  ;)  :D  :D

I went last year - parked me mobile tent up on rouge car park  :D  :D  :D  :devil:  :devil: for the price of a parking ticket - toilets and showers were just 5 mins away  :D  :D  :D

Portsmouth to Caen Daytime FastCat crossing for just £235.00 for 6.5m long mobile tent with 5 of us on board  :D  :D sorted  :D  :D

Portsmouth - Caen this year, overnighter Tues/Wed, no cabins left ( :arse: ), so I got stuck with a reclining seat (ie, I'll need to find a quiet place on the floor somwhere), both P&O and Brittany Ferries want around 360 quid. 4 berth cabins (when available) are only a tenner more! Load of crap. I'll be talking to the OFT this week about fair pricing...

So crossing this year might well take the form of "Plan B" :devil: