Been pulled by the Police in the Westy

Jan Coombes

just tell 'em that slicks grip better in the recent hot dry weather so actually you've been safer on the road than the rest of us  :D  :0  ;)

Jan,

If you'd have been on the Isle of Man you could have had slicks, race numbers and been driving safely at 190 mph down past the Creg- Ny- Ba pub and the Police would not have even raised an eyebrow.

I recently got pulled near to home and was told by the Policeman that my car was illegal because it was the wrong colour. They gave me a producer and i had to take all my documents to the local police station. Complete waste of time. Unbelievable!

There was a story here in the local paper the other day about a woman who on the same day had two experiences with the police:

1) In the morning her car was broken into in a car park. She reported the incident to the police and they were totally disinterested and did not offer help to investigate the crime in any way.

2) In the afternoon she was stopped by the police in her car after driving it over the centre of a mini roundabout in town, ordered to pay a fine, given points on her licence & basically treated like a criminal.

Unfortunately this attitude that the police have had in recent times has made many people disrespect them (myself included). I sympathise.

:angry:

Jan - plead guilty by post and say the tyres were legal at the start of the track day, but must have scrubbed down during the day...

I voluntarily appeared in court for a speeding ticket once and I will never do that again - very scary and you have to sit next the scum of the earth while you're waiting to see the magistrates. I would pay anything not to go to the magistrates...!

very scary and you have to sit next the scum of the earth while you're waiting to see the magistrates.

I know what you mean Peter.

Many years ago when I was a reckless young lad, I went to court over a motoring offence, and was surrounded by people supping Special Brew and greeting each other with phrases like 'ello Shaz, wot you ere for this week then?'

However, I think it was worth it, in my case. I had seen a solicitor beforehand who advised me to go in person. He said that having read the police (lying b*stards) account of the incident then i would get 9 points and a £1,000 fine and possibly a ban  :0  :0

If I told my side of the story it would be 5 points and a £200 fine..............much better  (and he was bang on :D  :D )

Cost of Solicitors advice..............£5

Go and see a solicitor Jan

David

Yes it is your own fault Jan, but we all make mistakes. The thread though that runs through this and many others is that we as motorists are treated badly by the law. The reason is we can afford a car so therefore we can afford a fine.

When you see a nonch get five years for raping a 13 month old baby set against the maximum fines etc we can get for too fast it is a travisty.

If criminals were treated harshly, locked up for life for murder, and treated as in the states, ie 3 strikes and away you go, then I would accept harsh treatment for speeding, using a phone, parking in the wrong place etc etc, but they aren't and we are.

Police officers follow the lead of the Cheif Constable, so in Wales they caught over 33,000 speeders in 3 months but caught less than 6% of burglars in the same period. The Cheif Constable hailed the speeders as a menace and was pleased with the result, the lack of catching burglars was described as a "blip". So if you were a copper judged on catching cars, not crooks, you would rack up the offences where you could. Coppers 5 years ago would have bollocked Jan and followed him to a garage to get tyres put on, not now promotion etc depends on following the politically correct ethos which is crippeling the system.

And people who think this is not true should just go down to the local Magistrates court for one morning, the scum of the Earth is there with a team of people, scocial workers, lawyers etc who we pay for, helping them to escape just punishment. Last time I went as a Prosecution Witness I watched other cases go through, slaps on wrist all round 20 yearts to pay fines and any compensation,followed by couselling, until a penshioner who had not got a TV licence was brought in, shell shocked like a deer caught in the headlights, this old girl was reduced to tears and fined IIRC £400 and ordered to pay back outstanding licence fees. She had no money(which is why she had no licence) but did not know the system and was spat out by it, there was no one for her, no one to explain about her problems to the court they were all too busy with the scum.

This is why people like Windy in their thousands feel the way he does.

Do not appear in court (unless it says specifically on the letter you have to). They will go harder on you (also, they cannot actually ban you without you being there). Plead guilty by mail.

Have a lawyer go over your response letter, they will give you a list of points the judge will look for with regards to the offence (ala, replaced tyres immediately, clear day, extenuating circumstances etc.) which will help your plea. For the sake of the £60 or so legal fees from the lawyer they will save you double that in fines.

Do it all in very good time as this is another box for them to tick.

janet you nipple ,it's just bone idleness  :arse: i bet you had to much stella and could not be  :arse: changing them come on tell the truth  ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for everyone help on this issue.

I was be to lazy, so I will have to plead guilty if it goes further, but..

I have writen a letter and a copy of the invoice for the new tyres off to the poilce station, groveling.

I just have to wait and see if something comes though the post.

Fingers crossed.

How long do you think I will have to wait?