but they are mostleyTowing with an Auto

Bananaman

I'm planning on getting a small campervan See here but they are mostly Auto's. I've never had an Auto B4 & was woundering if there was a problem with towing?

Any thoughts?

Andy :D

Nana's

Try and get a manual  ;)  ;)  the small transit and VW (later square ones) seem o.k for towing or even a transit that you can line out with some insulation and carpet - then section/seal off the back quarter for spares and tools (a la Dickie B's unit)

Go diesel 2500. Turbo is nice, if you can find one at the right price.

And get one with a side locker that remembers to lock itself  :blush:  :blush:  :D  :D  ;)  ;)  Thanks for that one  ;)  :D

Have a look through here Motorhome Dealers

Best time to buy is at end of summer season or new year  :D

Blue Bog Monster and trailer wont be much weight at all so would be ok

BUT

I'd still get a manual if you can. I dont understand why they are all manuals when they're based on vans that are 9/10 manual's

i shagged me g box on me scoripo ultima towing with 2 trips

1 with the westy to southampton for sva then dads caravan to wakefield and back all from kent about 600 mile of sheer s***ty driving cain  the b*****k of in 3 then to high in 4  

up down up down bur bur never again

dont doo it

good luck

jamie

Thanks all,

Recon I will go for Manual 4x4 option, should't have a problem with that setup, just a bit harder to get hold of.

Andy ;)

Go diesel 2500. Turbo is nice, if you can find one at the right price.

They are all 2500 TD's :t-up:

And get one with a side locker that remembers to lock itself              Thanks for that one    

No problem, looked like you were gonna catch something with that. :0

Don't go for one with a sequential box - it's too easy too easy to forget how to change gear - and $hag the engine  :devil:  :blush:  :blush:  ;)

Sheds coat and slithers back under own rock ...

There's nothing wrong with towing with an auto - I run a 2.6 Audi A6 and it has no problems with the Westfield. It's also much easier to take up the drive and doesn't result in the mega 1st to 2nd jerk you get in a manual.

So according to this thread, that's one broken Scorpio, one decent Granada, one sound Audi and one broken Audi. Pretty conclusive then!! :p