• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

RAC Rollbar

Scottish Bloke

Evening All.    

This may be a daft question, but-

I'm looking for an RAC type rollbar for my '98 narrow bodied Westy. Is the factory the best/only place to go for one or do someone else do one?????

???     ???       ???        ???

Rich

Factory is probably the best place...

'98 narrow bodied Westy...

...makes me raise an eyebrow though. If you have a chassis that was built in 1998, then it's almost certainly a wide, unless it was a special build. Westfield haven't offered a narrow for general sale since about 1994/1995, IIRC... If 1998 is the date of registration, then fair enough.

Well noticed Blatters. It was REGISTERED in '98, although the kit was purchased in 96

I'll try the factory

Cheers

:)

96? Blimey. Must be close on one of the last narrows to be made assuming it was still in production and not a "one off" in 1996...

Also seriously look at a petty or forward facing strut - makes a big difference to the strength of the bar and is relatively low cost.

How tall are you? If you're much over six foot them you may need to have an extension on the bar. Try sitting in the car with your helmet on, tape a longish piece of string to the front of the cylinder block and the get someone to hold it two inches above your helmet ( :blush: ). That's the height the bar needs to be. :xmas:

How tall are you? If you're much over six foot them you may need to have an extension on the bar. Try sitting in the car with your helmet on, tape a longish piece of string to the front of the cylinder block and the get someone to hold it two inches above your helmet ( :blush: ). That's the height the bar needs to be. :xmas:

Does mine look OK do you think?

Andy

You could attach a fez to the top of your helmet and it'd still be ok, Andy  :D

Now there's an idea... :devil:

How about a new class? 'Drivers with silly hats'

Andy

The height look good Andy but as it is so tall the rear braces are at quite a steep angle. For track work and when you do not have a passenger in the car it would be good to fit a petty strut to strengthen the bar ;)

This bar was made by 'Caged', so I would assume that they have thought about that...

???

Andy

Ah but.....

A petty strut would make it more like a race car and less like a road car.

You can see the problem can't you :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

For what its worth I run a petty bar :D