Fisher Fury with a Honda NSX engine

peterg

Fisher Fury with a 3 ltr NSX engine (280bhp!;) for sale here and it's road legal  :p   Oooh now I'd like THAT in my garage  ;)  :D  :D

although on reading the Ad  more slowly I'd want the engine fixed first  :durr:  :t-up:

:love:  :love:  :love:  :love:  :love:  :love:

i want that!!!!

i didn't think it was possible to over rev a honda?  :D

i've got a civic vti, the same engine as an integra type r but with 167 bhp instead of 187, with a red line a 8,000rpm. i've accidentally (yeah, right!;) found 8,400rpm before now and still no limiter...  :0

i didn't think it was possible to over rev a honda?

Just red line it in 4th and change up into 3rd [ie miss 5th] and one over reved Honda or any engine for that matter.

Paul.

Martin,

There is a limiter in there somewhere. I had a CRX VTEC which is the same line of engine as yours (B16 - Integra is B18) or possibly the same depending on age.  Anyway, I can confirm it had a rev-limiter somewhere.

Don't recommend trying out Pauls method though... there are some situations where a rev-limiter ain't gonna help  ;)

Moom

650kg's - 280 BHP

what's that engine made out of?

430bhp/tonne bl**** Tractor. :devil:  :0  :D  :D  :p

Also the regular Fury bodywork is very thick and therefore very heavy, some of the older Furies that have been converted into BECs still weigh 500kgs+!

Its only when you get the lightweight bodywork (and optional light weight chassis too I think) that they shed lots of weight.

Chris

and optional light weight chassis too I think

Correct indeed. A low spec lightweight chassised blade engined car with nothing spent on lightening is about 420kg.

But with an engine note like that thing gives, you'll be too busy cleaning up your trousers to worry about an extra 50kg.  :love:

Did I mention the handling?  :devil:

i didn't think it was possible to over rev a honda?

Just red line it in 4th and change up into 3rd [ie miss 5th] and one over reved Honda or any engine for that matter.

Paul.

I remember a car salesman trying to tell me that the rev limiter on the car I was looking at could cope with this very scenario :durr:  :durr:  :durr:  :durr:

Even told me a tale (just to give it some credibility) of it happening to him, and the engine being just fine   :0  :0  :p

Oh really....................so you're not talking out your  :arse:  then?

David

I bought some bits of this guy some time ago and the car was incredible. He told me that the biggest problem apart from finding the engine, was the wiring for the ecu. IIRC there was around two hundred connections which had to be altered as everything was run by the ecu. Traction control, abs, anti skid, the alarm etc etc and once removed from the car it wouldn't work. He raced it in the jcc series but it was a wicked road car as well.

yeah there is always that...  :D

nsx engine, hmmm  :love:  wonder what a westie would go like with one in?

nsx engine, hmmm  :love:  wonder what a westie would go like with one in?

Errrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!............................Quickly :p  :p  :p

David

then there always an s2000 motor...

i saw an advert in ccc a few years ago (like before anybody realised the rotated the correct way) for an s2000 engine, gearbox, propshaft, diff, driveshafts, all ancilliries, loom and ecu for...

wait for it...

your gunna swear...

£3000  :0