220 miles today with the top down

David Alexander

Excellent weather this afternoon, so despite starting out in the rain this morning, my trip back from Swindon to Birmingham was a blast.  But fuel consumption was a bit alarming.  About 120 miles from one tank driving a 1800 Sport.  Does this sound about right?

David A

Sounds OK to me

Try not to think too much about it.

:D

I fill up about every 80 miles and manage to squeeze about 18-20L in (short range tank of course)

Yep  :D Try driving it a bit harder and you can get much less  :D  :D  :D  :D  ;)  ;)  :devil:  :devil:

Excellent, I can put my foot down now with out worrying!!! :bangshead:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote (Major Stare @ Dec. 16 2004,21:42)

You have to drive quick in Birmingham, preferably above 30mph, as they'll knick you wheels if you go any slower.      

Cheeky Bleeder!        

You should try liverpool mate they'll have em off at 30mph plus ! No trouble  :)  :)  :)

I should be able to get over 200 miles on a tank a motorway speeds but dont chance it much past 140-150 miles on my Zetec car

I have managed 31 mpg on a long distance drive from Pembroke to Manly chest hair.  otherwise general blatting is about 20 to 25 mpg.  ( p.s. 2.0 l zetec - twin 45's)