• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Rule Clarification

stever

rrrrrrrrrrrr but pick up points have only been moved within the rules up until now mr willis  !!!  it seems , big hole and deep .... what is a modified car exactly neil ,is it one that has changed the origonal factory seats and exhaust for aftermarket ones ?????? or one that left the factory as a x flow and  has changed it to a  vauxhall 16v ?? its difficult isn't it  :t-up:  ??? there is no such thing as a level playing field  :xmas::xmas:  :xmas:  :xmas:  :xmas:  :xmas:  :xmas:

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SteveD

• scott beeland

• Arm

• Sammo

Top Posters In This Topic

rrrrrrrrrrrr but pick up points have only been moved within the rules up until now mr willis  !!!  it seems , big hole and deep .... what is a modified car exactly neil ,is it one that has changed the origonal factory seats and exhaust for aftermarket ones ?????? or one that left the factory as a x flow and  has changed it to a  vauxhall 16v ?? its difficult isn't it  :t-up:  ??? there is no such thing as a level playing field  :xmas::xmas:  :xmas:  :xmas:  :xmas:  :xmas:  :xmas:

It's pretty much impossible to determine a car to a 'standard' Westfield spec as you say Steve.  Who knows what's been done in the engine, to the gearbox, to the clutch, to the flywheel......  Should anti roll bars be allowed in such a 'standard' car class??  Shoudl you be able to alter spring rates?  It would be a can of worms and a half, and outside all of the standard MSA classes as well.

It would be great for people with 'standard' cars like Neil and I but it just ain't going to happen IMO.  You know who to compare yourself with 'on the day' anyway.  The likes of Kevin, Tim, Richard and Philip are on another playing field to me, and it doesn't bother me.  I know who I'm competitive against, and I 'target' myself against them and my own times.

what ever is done changed etc etc .....you aint goin to please everyone  though in my opinion rule changing for next year is to late  ( this is just my opinion ) shoot me down !!:bangshead: its very competative out there  :t-up:

he he you tossa !!! its here nice and safe scott  :D

I asked for the the rule clarification re 3.2 because in my opinion the original regulations were ambiguous. This clarification as delivered by the Speed Series commitee addresses all the relevent issures. Its not what i wanted to read but i can live with it, hopefully theres still scope for an inventive mind.Its not a rule change it just tightens the existing regs, instead of nudge nudge , wink wink, we now have the definitive answer. Full marks to the Speed Series Commitee who do a difficult job trying to please all the people,all the time, there are times ,when i should have held my head in shame.If this clarification has upset anyone, please direct you angst at me, regards. P.S. Steve nice to read your cheerful comments, i understood you had died and gone to heaven, bless you.

well thank you  :oops:

It would be great for people with 'standard' cars like Neil and I but it just ain't going to happen IMO.  You know who to compare yourself with 'on the day' anyway.  The likes of Kevin, Tim, Richard and Philip are on another playing field to me, and it doesn't bother me.  I know who I'm competitive against, and I 'target' myself against them and my own times.

My car has no windscreen, so I'm in group F.

Whilst rules are required we had a successful season of Speed Series last year and I and others did not protest other cars that had been altered. e.g. changed pick up points for shockers. As many cars in Class D already have modifications is there not a danger that (a) we will kill that class and (b) people might not want to have the expense of changing the car back to "original" ( whatever that means as car are different) © If they move to other classes they might not want expense of new tyres, wheels dry sumping etc.

So, we need to be careful that we dont reduce the number of competitors who enter the Speed Series which is one of the best supported in the country. I am going in Class F so have no problems I hope. O r should I enter Slicks and put a Wing on the back of the car ............. :D