donnington

wrightster

i am trying to use the aa routefinder to work out a couple of routes to donnington, i thought it was derbyshire but the aa site gives me a choice of berkshire,shropshire,herefs,gloucs

which 1 is it ?

:sheep:  :durr:

thanks

hi folks

the address for donington park on their webpage is

Donington Park Grand Prix Circuit

Castle Donington

Derby DE74 2RP

UK

01332 810 048

its a bit strange but i believe some of the park is in derbyshire and some in leicestershire.i live in sight of it in leics but also have a derby postcode and tel. number..

hth

Barney :D  :D

There are several Donningtons  :D  :D  :D  :D  throughout the UK hence your original dilemma  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :devil:  :devil:  :D

The correct spelling of Donington will find you the correct place just over the Leics border into Derbyshire  :D  :D  :D  :D  :devil:  :devil:  :D  :devil:  :D  although some of it may still be across the boundary so take your passport  :D  :D  :D

Wrightster, the Manchester boys have a great route to Donington, why don't you meet up with us and join the convoy. We can discuss it at the meeting next week

I lived in Melbourne which is about 1 1/2 miles away from the track and the old Melbourne Hairpin is in Derbyshire but the rest of the track is in Leicestershire, but it's around J24 on the M1 i think.

Just follow the signs for East Midlands Airport, you will then pick up the signs for Donny  :t-up:

Dead right Paul, Come off at the same junction (24 M1 Its the exit before the M42 south bound) as the Airport up the ramp once you get to the traffic lights follow the signs for the airport ,It can get a bit confussed with the lanes up on the top its like an eight lane motorway once you've got the exit (4th exit I think),

follow the dual carriage way (1/2 -3/4 mile) to the roundabout

last exit off

Over another roundabout

Down thro' the traffic lights passed the main entrance to the Airport.

Up the hill

Down a hill

Across another round about

Follow for a mile or so

Next lights turn right U'll see the circuit across from the lights

Donny on left

Turn in thro the gates

From there you're on your own :(

Buzz :cool: