• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Tom Tom Navigator

Bananaman

Thinking about getting one of THESE to use with my old XDA.

Not sure wether to go for Tom Tom 2 or 3 ???

The XDA's spec is 64MB RAM / 32MB ROM

Intel StrongARM 32-bit processor.............. ???

It's about 2 years old & silver (Not sure what it revs to if anything........ :arse: )

Link Modified!!!!!!!!!!!!!

can't click the link, but I've used TT2 and 3, v3 basically adds a subscription service that uses an internet connection to download traffic info and will route you around jams etc.

TT navigation is superb, wether it be v2 or v3.

cheers,

greg

I have tomtom 3 too.   The only criticism I have is that the M6 toll hasn't been built yet!

As far as the overall system is concerned, I think it's excellent.   I use the traffic updates off the web, and they download very compactly, but don't give total coverage - Motorway roadworks missing sometimes.   It came in very useful when they closed the M6 at 5 one morning when I was flying out to Hamburg.   Knowing in advance meant i managed to catch the flight.

If you miss a turning, it updates very quickly, replanning the route within seconds.

can't click the link, but I've used TT2 and 3, v3 basically adds a subscription service that uses an internet connection to download traffic info and will route you around jams etc.

TT navigation is superb, wether it be v2 or v3.

cheers,

greg

The TT3 internet connection, is that used Via the XDA or your desktop? I don't use the XDA as a phone anymore, will i still be able to use it as a navigator?

I find TT3 excellent, only crit I have is I can't find a way to telling it to always find the shortest route it seems to default to quickest all the time. The software seems to allow you to run more than one instance of it at which time the XDA slows to a halt

I use it with Bluetooth GPS on XDAII

BTW, you don't need the traffic updates, its only that that is subscription.

Yes, the traffic part is the subscription element.   I download it via GPRS straight to the XDA2, it takes a few seconds, and the packet sizes are small enough not to impact the phone bill too much.   It's better doing it that way, so it remains dynamic when you're on a long journey.

I use TT3 with the Bluetooth GPS link via an HP 2210 PDA (non phone) - and find its bostin :D

TT2 uses a wired GPS receiver and is still a crackin kit

as Mr W notes - I just wish they'd update it with and M6 toll road option - although it does re-route you once you exit  ;)  :D

As my XDA hasent got Bluetooth (in fact it don't look like it's got any teeth ??????:p ) I recon I'll go for TT2 ???

I have tt3, and a wired GPS - I have a Garmin Etrex Legend.

Only drawback is that the GPS depends on batteries, and not power from the car.

I have a XDA2, the XDA 3 is to much at the mo and it only really has wifi as an extra.

I have a bluetooth GPRS reciver and Tom tom 3 works a treat.

I have the crack for the tom tom 3 software and all the EU maps on DVD.

I'm having problems coping the 2nd DVD.