Cam people do me a BIIIG favour?

CrashBangWallop

a great testament to the generousity of the people I have come to know. OK, that's enough sucking up

Keep suckin I love it  :D  :D (As the bishop said to the nun)

Happy to help...good luck with the project, if it's like my Vx conversion work out an precise and acurate budget, check all parts and items are covered.......then DOUBLE IT  :0  :0  :0  ;)

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CrashBangWallop

• scruffythefirst

• ChrisF

• Andrew Mills

work out an precise and acurate budget

Don't do it!  Just buy what you need when you need it and lock all reciepts where you cant find them :cool:

Right then must get rid of my old mill then, can't be the only one left with a n/a CVH can I?

Neil, did think about the RST route, what made you go for this, or was it just the woosh and whistle of the dump valve? How many ponies are you hoping on finding in it?

Yuk Hodgson made me a shortend winged sump, (thanks Chris, and no I'm not sucking) £60 I think 01653 618540, in Nr. Yorkshire

If you need a hand shout, as I will be asking come 2005 meself.

Good luck,

Mark

Yup, it's purely the 'kick up the A***' whoosh.  As with my current engine, everything will be standard.  At least this way, if I feel adventurous, I can simply crank up the boost :D

As for power... Standard is 137hp running 8psi boost and a Garrett T2  but, I've already been offered a T25 for free so, 150hp would be nice, if I gave the actuator a little tweak. :D

• 4 weeks later...

Only me to go then !

Any suggestions with what to replace a crossflow with and how to do it.

I am panicing at the thought of changing the rear shocks and new bushes in the front wishbones !  God knows what I will be like with an engine !  Chaz might find me camped outside his front door begging for help !

Andrew

Any suggestions with what to replace a crossflow with and how to do it.

Cosworth :p

A mates breaking a mint vr6 corrado, wonder if one of them would fit?  Probably a bit tall though :D

I'm sure we'll all give you a hand when you get stuck ;)

Would it go under a V8 bonnett ?

Get stuck I'm just get confussed at the thought of it !

Is anyone doing lessions on this sort of thing.  I will give my time free if you let me round a nut off or two !

Stick with something thats been done before as something like a non-ford, VX or Rover engine although not impossible would require some one-off custom engineering for a number of items.

With replacement for X-Flow - What about 1600/2000 VX or 1800/2000 Zetec  :D  :D  :D plenty of readily available parts and advice  :D  :D

Believe me, Andrew, I've never tried anything like this before, either.  It's going to be a massive challenge but, I should have made a few new sinew connections by the end of it ;) And I haven't manged to track down any of the few RS Turbo engines that ever appeared on here. :(

I must admitt the 2.0l Zetec route appeals.  And as Chaz is so near and he has already done it.

So now its a question of dosh, time and nerve !

I have organised a pass out for the day from the other half so I can come along.

If no one else from Cambridge wants to go I will be more than grateful for a lift.  However if anyone from Cambridge wants to go I am more than happy to drive.  It will be the tin top though.

Andrew