Anyone on here race in the 750MC Kit Car Series?

StrikerBob

Just bought meself a Striker and wondered if any of you Westy boys will be out there?

I'll be in class B - the one where everyone has to have an 1800 Zetec.............

Hello and welcome,

I will be racing in 750 Kits next year too, I am also hoping to fit in a few westfield Championship rounds.

I've done the Kits for a few years and it's a great series although the westfield boys have been a bit off the pace recently.

A stryker is a competitive car being light and nimble and the zetec is a good, reliable unit.

Did you buy it off an existing racer or is new to the scene, also do you have much race experience? You'll find that the boys at the front know their way round pretty well and the standard of driving in the top half of the table is actually pretty high but there's a place for everyone and usually we manage top keep out of each other's way. (although try to avoid the lurking Marlin)

People are also really helpful so let me know if you need any help, if i can't offer it there's always someone who can. In fact the club publish a list of names and contact numbers of people who have offered to help newcomers out so speak to Robin Knight and he should point you in the right direction.

I have a racing web site which is a bit out of date but has a bit of info www.feet2big.com or you could have a look at fellow westfield racer Ed hasler's www.interstellar.co.uk

:)

Nice one.

The car is an existing racer - a guy called Richard Clough raced it a couple of years ago, but hasn't done anything for the last 18 months.

The car's white, with black wheels/cycle wings etc.

I have a tiny bit of race experience, dating back to over 10 years ago when I did some saloon car racing - Rover SD1 Vitesse and Colt Lancer Turbo.

I'm hoping to be fairly competitive once I get some more experience and know which way the tracks go!!! I think the car should be good enough for top 6 finishes.

The driver will have some work to do if he's to live up to that expectation though!!!

To be honest, I'll just be happy to be back out there having a good scrap with someone............

Are you doing the test day at Mallory on March 11?

There are also 3 WSCC members that compete in the 750MC Locost Championship - Jamie Robinson, Richard Brown and Nick Lear + Lindsay Pointon will probably be around in the RGB championship and lets not forget Dave and Adey from the PKM team in the KitCar Series - so there's always a good crowd of WSCC folks around the 750MC paddocks  :D  :D  :D  :D  ;)  ;)

Rover SD1 Vitesse and Colt Lancer Turbo.

Slick 50 or Falken Tyres? If either, I may have some pictures of you and your car(s) in action. My brother raced in both series' during the late 80's and early 90's...

Johnny Thackery will be competing in the RGB and Johnny Weston-Taylor will be out in the kit car series.

Both in Furys ( Well if there done in time :D:D  )

There may also be a few other WSCC members cutting their teeth in a few all comers races next year :D

There may also be a few other WSCC members cutting their teeth in a few all comers races next year

I'll take along a few extra WSCC Stickers then  :D  :D  :D Can the WSCC contingent have a reserved large paddock area  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:  :D

Mark

I've seen the JWT/JT Truck.....a large paddock area is essential, it makes our truck look soooo small!

Rob, I've seen the third wscc man up for all comers, and he says if we're doing it he may have to join in....could be a challenge trying to run with a slick shod big power car in our "hire" cars. Bring on next season...only 5 weeks to Autosport!

Could be some late nights and a lot of bacon butties in 2005 then  :D  :D  :D  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:  :D

biggidy biggidy bong.

Two Robinson Racing cars out in one race - could be a speed differential though-on the straights anyway, economy of scale in the engine department.

all comers.......ex wscc takes over a 750mc all comers race.

That should be good  :D  :D  :D Better get the banners and flags out for that one  :D  :D  :D

Rover SD1 Vitesse and Colt Lancer Turbo.

Slick 50 or Falken Tyres? If either, I may have some pictures of you and your car(s) in action. My brother raced in both series' during the late 80's and early 90's...

ROVER SD1 SLICK 50 1994. :p