Thats it

Major Stare

OK, I know we've had a great summer but where do you lot go the rest of the year not to need a hood?

Have you never been cold and wet and 200 miles from home? Surely if you plan a serious tour or go anywhere near Wales or the Lakes you need a hood! I know I'm soft but at least I keep dry.

Get the weather gear.. you know you'll need it!

Some decent waterproofs and maybe a helmet (esp. if you don't have a windscreen - rain hurts !!;) is all I ever used.  I find visibility is *sooo* much better.  Driven a Westy with a hood up once - never again because I couldn't see a bleedin' thing !

Some decent waterproofs and maybe a helmet (esp. if you don't have a windscreen - rain hurts !! is all I ever used.  I find visibility is *sooo* much better.  Driven a Westy with a hood up once - never again because I couldn't see a bleedin' thing !

Another vote for helmet/waterproofs.....

More benefits include less overall weight for the above mentioned 'weather gear', and being able to use your waterproofs and helmet other than the Westy, so therefore is a sound(er) investment when presenting the builds financial details to the SWMBO.... ;)  :D  :0  :love:  :devil:  :arse:

Surely if you plan a serious tour or go anywhere near Wales

1.  Don't go near Wales

2.  I've done a couple of 10-14 day tours (including to a place that gets 9M of rain a year  :0 and Belgium  :0  :0 )

I reckon that hoods are overrated, unless possibly you have all leather / wool carpet interior (its not a cateringvan is it?  :D  :D  :devil: .  IME the hood tends to draw in fumes and water and causes the screen to mist up. (Not to mention claustrophic and a pain in the neck to get in and out of the car) If you have an interior that will stand getting wet, i.e. polyprop, or no, carpets and vinyl seats, then dispense with the hood.  Waterproofs will keep you dryer.

A good tonneau cover is a must for use when parked - esp outside overnight.  :t-up:

Don't compromise on the engineering quality of a purchase because there isn't a hood, put your hard earned into mechanical spec and quality of finish - not bits of cloth  :)

Only the grim reaper has a hood.

Oh and people in anoraks I suppose.

Just drill a couple of holes in the floor, and get a good coat.

I just happen to know where you can get the very latest in trackside fashions.....

Just watch this space  :D

I just happen to know where you can get the very latest in trackside fashions.....

Just watch this space  

*Waterproof* trackside fashions....? :devil:  :0  :D  :p  ;)

Sorry guys............its got to have a hood. :(

(1) If its parked over night outside.

(2) If im driving down the M1 and it rains, the wife will go mad :blush:

Hopefully raised about £2000 in the next week from the sale of my car, should top near £3000 by mid Sept........look out for me in a Westfield Sept/Oct.

Jon

do your self a favor get a car with a hood and tonnea cover yes the hood is a pain in the  :arse: but if you dont get one free with the car its gonna cost you well over a monkey

(thats 500 quids to you northen lot  :D  :D  :D ) although you might pic up a second hand one much cheaper .

But they are a pain i used mine once and thats it i think it blew off and got run over but hey no damage  :blush:  :blush:

also when you go to sell it! it's a good selling point as well for them non racers out there  :cool:  :cool: