Mobil 1 15-50 for £22.17 4L

Robert

For anyone who uses Mobil 1 15-50, just to mention a good deal at Halfords.

At the moment they sell it at 20% off (£27.19), but if you read the Daily Express then there is a £10 off voucher published in yesterdays paper (Thursday).

If like me you buy two tubs it works out at £22.17 for 4L.  :D

Robert

How good is that? I need some Mobil 1!

Will 15-50 do for a 2 litre Zetec? Haven't checked the Haynes manual yet.

Andy

NO

Westfield reccomend 15w/40

Ford say 10w/30

Who knows best ???

There was some discussion (not here) that 10w30 caused hydraulic tappet problems on early Zetecs and it was suggested that 15w40 be substituted.

So either of these but not 15w/50

I am shore Sir Blatman will be along shortly with his indisputable comments :D  :D  :D

Is that Mobil 1 Motorsport? i.e. fully synthetic. Or Mobil 1 part synthetic? I just purchased 4 litres of the full synthetic for my x-flow at £36 or thereabouts. Can't see Halfrauds dropping the price that much! Tis good oil though (15-50w perfect for x-flows) Only one oil change a year required with the full synthetic motorsport oil as it never goes off. Gives off a lovely smell when hot too, that kind of paddock aroma you get when there are lots of hot engines working all around you (sorry, going off into dream land when actually I should be doing some work)

If an oil is sinthetic such as Mobil 1 0w/40 it will say on the bottle   FULLY SINTHETIC If ANY bottle ONLY has the word

SINTHETIC on it it is a SEMI Sinthetic. These SEMI sinthetics may also be described as SEMI Sinthetic, Sinthetically modified or sinthetically engineered.

IT is only a FULLY sinthetic oil if the word FULLY appears before SINTHETIC. ALL oil companies are the same

A good deal but be warned of Mobil 1 it is not as good as it would come across.

If I understand it correctly the best oil you can buy is Red Line, all the F1 teams use it.

It costs 4 times more money to make than Mobil 1 but it is ruffly the same price, figure that out...

It costs 4 times more money to make than Mobil 1 but it is ruffly the same price, figure that out...

Mobil make more money :p

David