Registration time

SparkyB

Got my SVA re-test on Friday Morning and I was hoping to get it registered the same day if possible.

Phoned Swansea DVLA and they won't let me phone the Peterborough VRO....  :angry:

I don't have time to go beforehand, so should I just turn up with the documentation or should I drop the car at home first and go and book an appointment???

:durr:

(all of this is dependent on me making it there and back in one piece and actually passing  :p  )

Cheers,

Mark

I'd find out whether they require a vehicle inspection first as this could be the next hurdle after SVA and before registration.  Does seem to vary throughout the country though

Good luck with it though :)

What did it fail on the first time round?

I think you might be wise to contact the local DVLA office and check about the inspection, that way, you can book it so you have less delay after SVA.

Phoned Swansea DVLA and they won't let me phone the Peterborough VRO....  :angry:

Cheers,

Mark

I had this problem, they won't give you the number of the local offices.  In the end they agreed they would fax the local office on my behalf, and on the fax ask the local office to phone me at home, which they did.  You've got to love modern technology.  Once I got hold of the local office I found them to be extremely helpful and infinitely more knowledgeable than the call centre staff in Swansea.  Definately worth getting hold of them if you can to save any wasted trips.

Simon.

Swansea didn't give me any hassle, they just said they'd get the local office to call me back, which they did within a couple of hours.

I just turned up at dvla straight after sva test(well it was on the way home) with the car they said it would have to be inspected and they couldnt do it for a week  and it had to be done at my home address during working hours. After i explianed that i worked away all week they did the inspection there and then and issued the reg number all in all it took about 1 hour!!

I would say just turn up and be nice as poss and try and blag it!! ;)

Danny

After my car passed the SVA i phoned my local office (i managed to their phone number eventually!;) and explained my situation and could they inspect it that day. They said maybe but probably not, they would need to see all my receipts first. so i took the car and papperwork in that day and was very nice to them. Once i got them out of their office to see the car they changed their tune completely and issued the reg number and tax disc there and then.

Id say its worth taking the chance and turning up same day.

craig

Well.... It ain't gonna happen now... :(

Went out to the car thinking 'I'll just bleed the brakes one last time'...

3 down one to go.... front left, undo bleed nipple...... hmmm what's this?????

Most of the metal round the bleed nipple came off with it...............  ARRRRRRGGGGGHHH :angry::angry:

They were recon units from Burton 14 months ago (so just out of warranty) :angry::angry:

I am now convinced that this car is jinxed.....

Mark :angry:

Thanx for the offer Chris, but the test was set for 9.30am... I'll ring them and reschedule for next week so no rush, I'll ring Burton to have a "Friendly chat"  :angry:  ....