Outsider needs help

StrikerBob

Sorry to gatecrash here guys, but there isn't anywhere else for me............

I've just acquired a Sylva Striker race car (OK - I'll take the flaming in good spirits!;).

It's been raced and as such isn't road registered.

It was built in 1997, which I believe is pre-SVA.

Question 1: Will it have to go through SVA or is there an alternative route?

Question 2: Where do you boys buy your insurance (apart from Adrian Flux?).

Cheers.

for all se7en type cars try www.se7ens.net aka the se7ens list and subscribe to the se7ens mailing list.  lots of striker owners on there (as there are here)

welcome, although this is the wscc forum, we talk to most people (even catering van owners)

as for your q's

1. - yep needs sva

2. - msm, footman james, and a quick search for insurance will see you on the way

welcome.

OiOi

As OiOi says, 'Welcome' :)

We're not too fussed about what people drive here, there are plenty of WSCC members that drive some other type of Seven.

Andy

Welcom - If we let Vauxhall engine owners on here you can see that we are pretty liberal ... :D

1. I agree - sadly SVA will be required

2. to my surprise Hill House Hammond (Special Vehicle Unit) gave me the best overall package.

2. to my surprise Hill House Hammond (Special Vehicle Unit) gave me the best overall package.

But they aren't in business any more, are they? When did you last renew Steve?

Andy

But they aren't in business any more, are they? When did you last renew Steve?

Andy

Are you sure they're not in business anymore?? I thought they were my underwriters!! ???

Sorry to gatecrash here guys, but there isn't anywhere else for me............

I've just acquired a Sylva Striker race car (OK - I'll take the flaming in good spirits!;).

It's been raced and as such isn't road registered.

It was built in 1997, which I believe is pre-SVA.

Question 1: Will it have to go through SVA or is there an alternative route?

Question 2: Where do you boys buy your insurance (apart from Adrian Flux?).

Cheers.

This is a local westey website for westey people so feck off  :D

Nevermind going to playkool on saturday then come round and have a good look around striker :arse:

ps scottys insurerance was cheap  :blues:

HHH were taken over by Norwich Union, whether they will continue to trade after the current policies expire - who knows?

Yep, welcome to the best sevens website in the world!

You'll definitely need to get an SVA for registration purposes.   I would get someone who has experience of Strikers to go over the car with you to check what you need to do to get it through the test.   It costs £40 for each re-test, so it might prove expemsive if you don't prepare in advance.

One potential stumbling block is the engine age.   Pre June 95 (I think) is required for the less strict emissions standards, otherwise you'll need fuel injection and a cat to stand a chance of passing.

Good luck, and please feel free to join us, we get on with everyone - except VX engined car owners of course :p

HHH were taken over by Norwich Union, whether they will continue to trade after the current policies expire - who knows?

Yep, welcome to the best sevens website in the world!

You'll definitely need to get an SVA for registration purposes.   I would get someone who has experience of Strikers to go over the car with you to check what you need to do to get it through the test.   It costs £40 for each re-test, so it might prove expemsive if you don't prepare in advance.

One potential stumbling block is the engine age.   Pre June 95 (I think) is required for the less strict emissions standards, otherwise you'll need fuel injection and a cat to stand a chance of passing.

Good luck, and please feel free to join us, we get on with everyone - except VX engined car owners of course :p

2.0 vauxhall xe rules :angry:

Pre June 95 (I think) is required for the less strict emissions standards, otherwise you'll need fuel injection and a cat to stand a chance of passing.

I think that pre-2002 (if not all) amateur built vehicles only require a visible smoke test.

I have been known to be wrong though (as have many MOT testers)...

BBB

PS MSM get top marks from me.

Pre June 95 (I think) is required for the less strict emissions standards, otherwise you'll need fuel injection and a cat to stand a chance of passing.

I think that pre-2002 (if not all) amateur built vehicles only require a visible smoke test.

I have been known to be wrong though (as have many MOT testers)...

BBB

PS MSM get top marks from me.

may be true for MOT,

But this car will need SVA which does require it to be a pre 1992 engine to get through without injection and cat.

Actually to the letter of the law, if the car is registered after 1995 (even if on a Q) the MOT should test to an emmission standard on 3%CO and 1300ppm HC.  Had my MOT last wek and read through the manual with the testers to ensure they tested it correctly.  Pre 1995 cars will only need a smoke test.

Sits back and waits to be probably proved wrong........

Strikerbob  --  there are lots of equally perverted people on this forum (although we aren't all quite so 'in yer face' with our handles). You'll find that even the vx mafia gets more tolerant once you've stumped up to join the club  --  well worth it  --  you know you want to :p:D

There are no insurmountable issues in getting a Striker SVAd, though it's a lot easier if the car is built with SVA in mind to begin with. Quite useful SVA info here CLICK, providing you ignore the Adrian Flux link.

Oh, and Welcome...