ARDS Medical

simon4007

Hello fella's,

Can you tell me how much your all having to pay for your ARDS Medical. I've just been on to my GP and she wants £130.00 !! ???

Thats just got to to be wrong hasn't it?

Cheers

Simon

You don't need a medical for a non-race license (that is all you need for sprinting).

If you're going racing, then you do need a medical, in which case I'm sure someone else can help regarding the cost.

Andy

Yup, the plan is to go racing, £130 just seemed like a very big number...  I guess I better get used to those sort of big numbers right now, and a life where I never have money left for anything else!

Most GP's charge about the same for an ARDS medical  ;).

Next thing you'll need to do is go on your ARDS course for assessment  ;)  ;)

If you wanna get into any motorsport get used to spending money  ;)  ;)  :D  ;)  ;)  :D

£130 sound steep. Think I paid about £80 for mine. There was apost on pistonheads in the last couple of months and I think there are some centres that charge less

MikeW

Edited to add this linkLicence

does seem abit high, mine was 70 quid.  I did find I was slightly colour blind... most odd when the doc asks you what the number in his flip book and you are sure its one thing and he says its something else   :bangshead:

Ok, a bit of hunting around and I've got it down to £80.... I have also heard that at Rockingham they will do your ARDS test and medical for £250.00.... I don't want to have to wait until Jan/Feb tho, need to get out and test my car ASAP

Easy money for the doctors though.... i want to know what you need to do to get it for a bottle of wine??!?!

Thanks all.

Hello Simon. (Are you the same Simon on the email - must be)

Your question has been answered above. All I will add is that when I did mine (a few years ago now) I was told it was just the same as a medical for a HGV licence. I went to my GP. They charged me around the 60 quid mark.

Cheers.

Keith.

If you go to Rockingham, see if you can arrange to have either James Gornall (JIGGY) who is currently British FRenault champ, or Simon Pullan (who races a Noble and had raced TVR's in British GT-youngest driver to ever win a Brit GT race, and be nominated for Mclaren award) Both good lads, and currently racing in BUKC (British University Karting Champ) in the off season.

Just friendly advice, both have helped me post ARDS test to improve. I didnt even do my ARDS with them i did mine at silverstone with my other name drop Barrie 'Whizzo' Williams.

:arse:  :arse:

• 2 weeks later...

Medical was passed yesterday.... :)

ARDS is going to be taken on Saturday at Silverstone.... :D

Picking my car and trailer up on Sunday.... :laugh:

I've got butterflies already and I'm months away from my first race! How the hell do you old boys keep the nerves under control !!!???

I'm so looking forward to getting out on the race track! :D:D:D

How the hell do you old boys keep the nerves under control !!!

We drink a *large* amount of Stella the night before...