Help on Hayabusa speedo sensor-relocation

Lotus7racer

Is there anyone out there who can help me or give me an idea about the Hayabusa speed sensor.

I took the hayabusa speed sensor out from the sprocket location since I am using a driveshaft. I need to have a speedo but I don't know where I can relocate the sensor to make it work. I will be using the standard instrument panel of the Hayabusa.

Thanks a million

Hello,

I know the XTR2 doesn't use the speed sensor that is part of the busa loom (or usually where the output shaft/sprocket is on the engine).  You have to use another source to obtain your speed.  We used a STACK system and speed sensor that is placed onto the front upright.

I'm pretty sure the megabusa has to use something similar.

If you stick with the bike sensor you need to buy an additional box of tricks to change the signal because of the different gearing.  I have no experience of them but have seen on the net.

I think you could use the bike sensor as it's actuall off the engine sprocket rather than relocate but you will need converor.

david

Did you ask this on the BEC list too ?  I've just answered . . . if you're not the same person let me know and I'll send you something.

Steve