Nice wheels, shame about price

bootleboy

Spotted these on Ebay, and quite fancied them - contacted the seller to see what the reserve was set at.

£500!!!! :0  :0  :0

Is this right, they're nice wheels but £500's a bit steep. Isnt it? ???

mexico wheels

£500! 'kin hell  :0  

I got 4 of those with my Westfield when I bought it and sold them on with tyres for £80 to a C*terham owner who wanted some cheap trackday wheels....I didn't realise I was selling rare artifacts  ;)  OK so mine were a bit shabby but they are only Ford RS wheels and you should be able to pick them cheap and refurbish them for £20-40 each  :D

The original mexico wheels were the rare ones, they were different from the lazer capri ones in the depth of the spokes.  

As such they do tend to make more money that capri ones as they normaly go the the concourse boys.  

£500 does seem a bit steep though  :0  :0

actually, I've just looked at the pics of them again and the one on the right looks to have much thicker silver bits on the spokes than the left one  :(  any reason why that could be?  :t-up:

There's lots of variations on these wheels, they may be different ones, or just painted differently or they can be lightened quite significantly by skimming away the depth of the spokes (IYSWIM) so this may have been done.

Original or not, I'd want them gold plated for £500.