Insurance

predawson

Can anyone tell me who will insure you for one day to drive to the SVA centre? I tried sureterm but they wouldn't do it for 1 day and my own insurance company won't touch an unregistered car!!?? Test tomorrow, running out of time.

Dont think you will be able to get 1 days insurance.

My car is insured through msm they just started the policy from sva day and issued a cover note with just the chassis number until i got my reg number.

Ps good price and friendly service from lyn at msm she even transferd my no cliams from spain

Danny

I think insurance companies have to offer a 14 day cooling off period where you can cancel the policy and receive a full refund (probably minus some admin fee) - if you get what I am driving at.

However, why would you want the car to be uninsured after SVA?

I insured with Footman James and they were happy to insure it based on the chassis number prior to registration.

I must call them to let them know it's now registered!

I didnt have a very good experience with Footman James: the lady asked me how much my vehicle is worth, i replied with a figure but then afterwards changed my mind, as expected the premium went up, i then asked if that was the price that would be payed out in the event of a total loss seeing as they had adjusted the premium based on my estimation of the value, the answer was 'no i would be payed out what the insurance company deemed to be the market value at the time of loss, fine i replied its worth £2000 then does that bring my premium down? the lady replied: i must remind you that this conversation is being recorded sir!

Spoke to some other insurers who said an agreed value could be reached!

I explained to my insurance chappie that the vehicle was gonna go through an SVA and prob wont pass (me optimistic!;) and he just said the chassis number will be fine, just let us know the reg when you pass.

2 weeks later I get a letter telling me they will cancel the policy if I do not give them a reg and they will not give refunds!  :angry:

Sorted in the end and yes they did cancel!

I think insurance companies have to offer a 14 day cooling off period where you can cancel the policy and receive a full refund (probably minus some admin fee) - if you get what I am driving at.

However, why would you want the car to be uninsured after SVA?

:D  Yes I thought of this but decided I would do the right thing. In the end I just insured it for the year. It failed on self centering by the way. :down: Put 150 miles on the clock though and had a great days driving.