Help

chrisbin

Hi All!

Well I'm still here....no news on job front yet, but at least I get to enjoy the weather, and we don't have to sort out child care!!

Just wondered if anyone can help me with downloading my Palm address book to Outlook Express on my home PC...?

Not having much luck at the moment - an idiots guide(as usual) would be helpful!

:blush:  :blush:

Cheers

PS Thanks for all the messages of support recently :love:  :love:

Chris,

I'm an IT bod, and when faced with the same problem I didn't figure out a solution and just used the Palm Desktop.  ??? However, prompted by you query, I went to palmgear.com and did a search  :D  :D  :D  in FAQ.  Got this:

There are several companies that support syncing your Palm PIM data with Outlook Express.

Chapura offers Jibe, a solution that pulls name and email information from Outlook Express while still pulling addresses, phone numbers, and notes from Palm Desktop. It keeps all three applications - the Palm Address Book, the Palm Desktop Address Book, and Outlook Express - in sync.

Reaction Software's Express Sync allows full synchronization between the Palm Address Book and Outlook Express. It allows you to choose which address to sync with the Palm, or to map one of the addresses to the Palm Address Book custom fields if you want both available. It also lets you prioritize which five phone numbers are synchronized. It also lets you set different field mapping rules for different categories.

PumaTech's Intellisync also supports syncing with Outlook Express.

The original results had links embedded in them

Good luck :)

I'd get a full edition of Outlook, rather than Outlook Express. It may well have synching options built in (don't know, 'cos my Psion does it all for me....). I believe the full version of Outlook has more features, and is more secure, or so I've been told.....

Thanks for the responses guys!

I think I'll be sticking with the Palm desktop for now. Then I'll decide how many of the 600+ records/contacts I really need to keep and probably enter them manually I guess... :0  ???

I used to sync my "old" palm (OS3) with Outlook Express using Intellisync without any problems - but that was a couple of years ago. I've since moved on to Outlook and OS5.

Dataviz have a new product out that sync's Outlook to Palm devices

David

Hi Chris,

Good to hear from you again hows the westie, got mine finally back.

If it's of any use I have a copy of Data viz documants to go which syncs the palm to outlook.

i don't know if itwill also enable you to sync with express

andyb

:)  :)  :)

Hi Dave

thanks all for your suggestions.

as you will see in the "another one bites the dust" thread.....this, along with the westy, is no longer a priority... :(  :(