Another one bites the dust

shaun

We were just in the process of moving house, about to exchange contracts when I received the news that I was to be made redundant  :(  :(  :(

So I now have a week to find another job or lose the house that we are buying.

or worse still if nothing happens in a week the Westie will also have to go   :(

Shaun,

Sorry to here the bad news, i hope you find a job ASAP, it would be a shame to loose the Westy...........oh.........and the new house.

Chin up :D

Shaun,

Don't panic. I know that's easy to say when I'm not in your position but a knee-jerk reaction NOW might be worse than a calm decision at the end of the week.

Best of luck mate. Whatever happens I hope you will continue your valiant efforts with WSCC - you would be sorely missed.

Pete

Shaun

Really hope things work out for the best, I carn't imagine that you will be with out a job for long, hope it's the same with the Westfield.

Like the man said chin up, think posertive, act posertive. :t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:

Andy

Thanks guys

Already been offered some freelance design work.

So Westie juice paid for another week   :D  :D

Good luck Shaun

What sort of design work do you do?

I took redundancy nearly 5 years ago now and have been self employed as a mechanical design engineer since.

Never had a Westie when I worked for someone else.

Hope it works out for you.

Cheers

David

BSc(Hons) Industrial Design

Background in product design working mainly for the lighting industry.  Also enjoy technical and design sales.  You can't beat the mad brainstorming sessions direct with client.  Want to do my own thing, but at the moment fear the lack of regular income.

David - Never realised your area of expertise was similar to mine.  What sort of areas do you cover.

Chris - You had any success yet - What are you into??

Want to do my own thing, but at the moment fear the lack of regular income.

Shaun

I went self employed 3 1/2 years ago & have never looked back :) , the first 12 months were quite hard but it's just got better & better since. When we met at Stoneliegh you seemed to have what it takes ;)  ;) . Go for it, you never know till you try. :t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:

Andy

Shaun

Most of my stuff is fairly heavy metal work.

I do work in cement industries, glass handling, powder solder equipment, staircases and perpex research models.

Anything that pays the bills and that I feel I can do a good job of :D

I too, had always fancied working for myself, but with a mortgage and 2 kids, never had the guts to try. Then nearly 5 years ago I had the chance to take redundancy with about 6 months payoff................that gave me the guts :t-up:

Put feelers out to clients you have worked for in the past (be choosey with who you can trust) to gauge how much interest you may have.

As Bananaman says, if you have the drive, you won't look back. I couldn't imagine going back to a nine to five  :arse:  :durr:

Cheers

David

BSc(Hons) Industrial Design

Background in product design working mainly for the lighting industry.  Also enjoy technical and design sales.  You can't beat the mad brainstorming sessions direct with client.  Want to do my own thing, but at the moment fear the lack of regular income.

David - Never realised your area of expertise was similar to mine.  What sort of areas do you cover.

Chris - You had any success yet - What are you into??

Hi Shaun

Well, not exactly......

Have just got myself a full time job....as executor of my father-in-law's will...... :(

Who said it never rains.............

To quote Scott....I may be gone a while......