Car Choice

sedsy

. Dunno what the figures are but I was amazed at how well it went on full chat

I have "seen" 150+mph on the autobahn with the Bora so I think that actual top speed would be around 140.....bends become sharp corners at this speed with a tin top repmobile!!! :p

I have "seen" 150+mph on the autobahn with the Bora

What  :0  :0  :0  :0

a diesel Bora  :durr:  :0  :0  :0  :0

Are you serious...............

Holy sheeet.............

Thinking mode on

*150 mph + heater + CD + a/c* what the devil am I doing in a plastic bath tub with a silly hat, thermal pants and ear plugs freezing me nuts off......

Thinking mode off

The 1.9 TD 150 bhp unit is not available in the new Golf. 2.0 140bhp is the best in the range. However the Bora is still knocking about and the Seat Leon. If you could live with the Ibiza (the nextr size down) then they've wound the power up to 160bhp from this PD unit!!

If you could live with the Ibiza (the nextr size down) then they've wound the power up to 160bhp from this PD unit!!

yep - saw a review of that against the MINI cooperS in autoexpress a while ago. Ibiza was quicker ALL OVER the range, especially in gear.

If I remember right it was something silly like 6.8 0-60 that they got out of it. Test MPG was something like 48  :0  :0  :0

I have "seen" 150+mph on the autobahn with the Bora

What  :0  :0  :0  :0

a diesel Bora  :durr:  :0  :0  :0  :0

Are you serious...............

Holy sheeet.............

Thinking mode on

*150 mph + heater + CD + a/c* what the devil am I doing in a plastic bath tub with a silly hat, thermal pants and ear plugs freezing me nuts off......

Thinking mode off

The critical word is "seen",and it does take a wee while to get there.Still pretty impressive from an oil burner though :p

The in-gear acceleration is also very good even in 6th gear.

MMMM ??  ???  ???

The Leon sounds good !! But is it 150bhp in standard form or are there lesser bhp diesel models??

Although a 115bhp one would be good enough

honest    :suspect:  :cool:  :angry:

Im amazed, talking subsequently to a few people and they reckon you can chip em to get 175 bhp :p  :p

Hilux....you've obviously been spending too long locked up with that Ginetta..... ;)

Had em all, now got the Seat Leon Cupra 150 Tdi.

Best of the lot by far. Its like a Westy with a roof. Ab fab chassis, you can even hear the turbo puffin away, well chuffed.

Agreed Ash I had an 04 Seat toledo 2.0 20v on hire for a month before the Leguna arrived... what a fantastic car handling/power/interior no doubt a turbo diesel will be just as good for build quality etc.Those Spainmans do build a good car!

Buzz