cross flow manifold

speedy jon

hi all, does any1 know where i can get a cross flow racing mainfold from which is suitable 4 a westy? at the moment i hav a modified manifold that came with the engine and flexy pipe comin off it but it is naf and does burn the fibreglass if un protected.

thanks Jon

Jon I have been searching for a while for a used manifold and unfortunately the only ones that came up were similar to the old thing I currently have!

I have now decided to put my hand in my pocket and have one made, at least then it will definately fit and exit in the correct place!

A company in Northants are charging 400+vat for a 4-2-1  in S/S

Not cheap but should look/do the business and not need replacing for a long time.

i hav a old mk1 cast iron manifold on there now but do u have a piccy of this stainless 4 into 1 manifold?

Hi Jon,

I've got a few more pics too if this is anything like you want.

2524.jpeg

Rich

The manifold is from a wide body, buts it's a none starter for the narrow body cars.

It should fit a narrow body car as well,In fact it would probably fit better than the the proper narrow body one, which i'm currently trying to fit to my car...it exits too close to the body and needs modifying to fit properly :bangshead:  apparently i'm not the first one to have this problem? :(

Hi Doug,

Apparently there'd be problems trying to get the wide version  to fit because of the extra/different braces on the narrow body, unless there are different versions of it.  Which is completely possible I guess!!

Rich

Jon,

I can't tell from the posts if you are still looking for a X/Flow manifold.

If you are,  I have brand new Westfield stainless 4 branch manifold I bought for my Narrow Body SE.

I am about to replace x/flow with a XE and therefore (if the XE fits into the car) the manifold will be up for sale. Looking for £200.

I also have a non stainless 4 branch manifold on the car which will also go up for sale at £100.  £150 if you want the complete system.

I can do photos if your interested.

Paul

hi Paul, i have a SEiW, yeh im still interested in the manifold.my dad is tryin to make 1 but at the moment we have had a few problems in gettin it to fit. can i have a look at a few pictures of both stainless and non stainless manifolds? how much difference would there be between a SE narrow and a wide body manifold? how much did u buy the manifold from westfield?

thanks Jon

Jon,

I have taken some photo but don't know how to insert them into this?  If you PM me your email address I will forward them to you.

No one every asked me if it was a narrow or wide body when I purchased the manifold.  Didn't know there was a difference but on measuring there is.

The one fitted to the car and purchased with the kit is about 17 inches from the engine to centre of the exhaust pipe.

The Stainless manifold bought a couple of years ago and never fitted is approx 19-20 inches from the engine to the centre of the exhaust.

I have taken the photos with a tape measure in the picture so you can see the difference.

Paul