Next Cambridge Area Meeting.

chazpowerslide

I'm trying to organise the next meeting at Wildtrax which is an off road activity centre a short drive from Newmarket.

I'm looking to see if they will "lend" us a bit of tarmack for an autotest type of event (in and out of cones, handbrake turns, doughnuts and other clutch frying nonsence)

I think this would be a good laugh if we could get enough of us together to make it worthwhile, however my Westie is out of action ATM (carb upgrades at Weber)

I'm sure we can park this one for another time so to speak (if we can't get the numbers) and just have a blat and meet at the pub.

As per usual register your interest.

Chaz.

Well IF I'm on the road then I'm up for a bit of tyre wasting :D

....If not then I'll bring the tin-top along and watch... :(

Mark

BTW grats on the big 1K Chaz :p

Hey, just noticed that!  Is that something to be proud of or does it prove how much time you've spent on here since Jan 2002 :D

Actually, come to think of it... it's not that much really, is it?  

I should be able to make it.  I might need some big, wooly gloves, though.  Funk me, it's cold on the fingers at the moment ???

....If not then I'll bring the tin-top along and watch...

have a go in the tin top !

Sounds good to me, my tyres have seen better days, so count me in.

Why not try off-road westying ? obviously not owning a Westfield i'd be excluded from the event  ;)

Sean

Sounds like you need a windscreen and heater !

I've got a heater.  It's keeps my knees lovely and warm ???

And talking of off-roading...  The drive back from work through a few farm roads got my car and I covered in mud flying off the front wheels.  Very funny, if a little messy! :D

ROC, it's normally 10 a.m'ish at Milton Tesco, just off the A14 at Milton, funnily enough :p

Hi Chaz..would love to go if I had an engine in my car  :down:  which reminds me, I must collect that Vx from your garage next month  :D

Count me in...lets see if a diesel volvo can do doughnuts  :0

I had started a thread to comemerate my 1000th post enitiled "999" I recall I got 3 replys before it dissappeared, I was pretty Stellered up at the time so I could have imagined it.

I really did'nt want to use my 1000th post asking where the thread had got to  :p

Anyways back to the next meet.

I'm still waiting to hear back from Wildtrax so the details will follow as soon as I have, Roc, you're welcome to come along as allways watch this space for the details.

Chaz.

to comemerate my 100th post enitiled "999" I recall I got 3 replys before it dissappeared, I was pretty Stellered up at the time so I could have imagined it

I really did'nt want to use mt 100th post

Chaz are you Stellered up tonight  ???   1000 comes after 999....not 100..no wonder you only got three imaginary replies  :D  :D

Would love to come along but due to the parents making a flying visit I won't be able to make it this time.

Mind you following my driving escapades at the last two events I think I need some practice !!

Went out in the Westy today with my son Jack (6) and managed not to smoke any tires or loose the back end, almost !

Andrew

managed not to smoke any tires or loose the back end,

Must try harder Andrew :D

Glorious morning for a blat in my nice new duvet jacket. Pity about that muddy puddle :arse:

Pity about that muddy puddle :arse:

I had a really bad hangover form a couple of muddy puddles once :D:D

Hope I can make it, but might not be able to. :p

I'm looking to see if they will "lend" us a bit of tarmack for an autotest type of event (in and out of cones, handbrake turns, doughnuts and other clutch frying nonsence)

Good Luck ........... could be a laff ................ Please call it a Private non competitive Car Gymkhana  ;)  ;)  ;)  :D  :D  :D  ;)

Hi!!!!

Update on Sunday's meet.

I've not been able to get the Wildtrax thing organised for Sunday but it looks like it will be a goer for early next year, sorry for building hopes up only to dash them.

I suggest we meet at Tesco Milton at 11am for a quick blat to Duxford and have a looksee around the Air Museum (well worth a look even if you have been before)

IRRC entry is about £12 and weather permitting I'm told there will be flying on Sunday (they should be doing shake down flights on one of the BBMF Spirfires in the afternoon)

If the weather is crap there is plenty to see under cover and the American hanger is well worth the hike to get to it.

There are plenty of places to get a bite to eat and a cuppa.

Chaz.