Magnetic L Plates......

Graham.J

congrats Graham - now you start the lifelong process of actually learning how to drive and not just how to pass a test  ;)  :D

oh for the joys of motorway driving

In some ways I wish I hadnt bothered with the test all those years ago and then I would not have to put up with the m6

I didn't find the motorway that bad actually.

We had a disaster on Sunday, the gear alignment in my Mum's Corsa (which I was taking my test in) had gone and wouldn't go into 2nd so my sister said she'd let me use her car (1.8 Astra SXi  :0 ) which I drove for the first time Sunday night.

Passed my test at about 2:10pm on Monday and had to take the car back to Cambridge (where my sister lives) straight after it.

M3 was at about 40-50mph with rubber-neckers, M25 was straight through, as was the M11, the run back was absolutely deserted, no-one on the roads, was a lovely drive.

Last time I drove up to there I had to avoid the M-ways, it took around 3 hours, using the motorways I did it in just over 2 hours.

LOVELY :cool:

.......are a right bu**ger to rip up  :D

Well done Graham

I remember taking a pair of cutters with me on my driving test, so I could remove the tied on l-plates from mums Fiesta when i'd passed.

Cocky or what?

failed my hazard perception test yesterday by 1 point.

its the crappest thing ive seen. not even like real driving.

and the things they call hazards is gay.

"if you see a potential hazard, click the mouse button." lorry turnin- click - kid on path - click - car indicating - click- person on bike - click - road sweeper - click. that was in one ferckin clip like. youre supposed to clickone !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  *pants* getting stressed. Im going to dig up my garden for a bit! :angry:

WROX

All the DSA instructers that took that test when it was about to be introduced failed for exactly that reason so dont stress.

IMHO your hazard perception sounds fine, you percepetion of what DVLA (or is it DVLC) expect you to percieve as a hazard is what needs 'tuning'  :D

ahhhhh but its not a hazard, its a "potential hazard" thats what pisses me off.

also the view is stupid right up to the screen

damn 60 sec virus got me.

yeah, the view is one the left and right up to the screen so thats disorientating.

also the driver isnt me so i cant tell his style of driving which was incorrect.

eg, roadsweeper entering road youre on, id slow well before the junction he comes out of, but the drivier in the DSA car went straight up and slammed all on for no reason, so i missed that hazard due to me thinking the driver would slow down. cnut.

its crap, nothing like real life and the hazards are not even there when they want you to click. "potential hazards" pah, that could be anything. ohhhh look another car on the same road as me, he could crash into me, thats potential hazard!!!!! :zzz:  :zzz:  :zzz:

grahamj well done!!!!

sorry for the hijack.  :(

straight into the westy? or do you have to wait?

I got straight into my A.H Sprite and had a ball!

Whats this hazzard perception test thingy?

also the driver isnt me so i cant tell his style of driving which was incorrect

suggesting that your style is right hey wrox??

maybe the style is correct, and your doing it all wrong  ;)  :p  :arse:

well ok, as explained i would be more cautious unlike the DSA guy would was not. i thought being cautious was the way to drive. Is it? ??? Or do i drive at the limit all the time until I have to slam my breaks on because i was going too fast.

whatever.

im straight into 2ltr GT6

:devil: