• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Insurance that INCLUDES trackday cover?

gregh

Does anyone know if any of the known suspects are doing trackday cover included in the road cover this year?

So far I've got the following quotes, and will probably go with FJ unless anyone knows of a company doing a better deal on the trackday cover side.

Track Days

3k miles excess extra

Sureterm Direct £317.00 referred cases

AON             £498.97 £1,000 £25

Footman James £212.10 >=2500 £52.50

Cmptn Car Insce £361.66 £1,000 £50

Will Sureterm not give you a road policy that includes track days as part of the deal without "per trackday" premiums, or is that what you said (wanst sure what "referred cases" means)?

I remember someone on the BEC list saying they had that kinda cover thru Sureterm, where they paid a higher annual premium to a regular road policy but it covered the car on any track day too.

Chris

I'm of the opinion that track insurance and road insurance should be kept seperate. I'd hate having a prang on a track day, and having it affect my road premiums for the next xx years.......

Good point, tho some insurance chappie said on another chat about this (on Bookatrack IIRC), that if you make a claim on a track only policy, then technically you should still inform your road policy that you have made a claim, or at least when asked at renewal, you should disclose that you've claimed.

Sounds b*****k to me tho, crashing on the track has got nothing to do with crashing on road, and if you are using your car in a situation where your road policy doesnt cover you, then its none of their business whether you made a claim or not.

Chris

So far I've got the following quotes, and will probably go with FJ unless anyone knows of a company doing a better deal on the trackday cover side.

Footman James quoted me £4500 excess and £52.50 per track day.

So my thought process is, unless you are going to stuff your car completely, the insurance is pretty useless.  :angry:

Hi Greg - I'm with sureterm - comprehensive cover inc legals, breakdown etc INCLUDING track day cover on properly organised track days - just ring up and tell them where and when and I'm covered. £297 pa 1800 zetec 02 plate 5000 miles pa

£1200 excess for me on track day

Obviously depends on how many track days your hoping to do in next year, regarding FJ, or not?

Would suggest you'll be doing more than 2x, there fore sureterm seems best option if the £317 includes track cover like mine?

I race mine and don't bother to insure it.  I've crashed 3 times this year and am still in credit by hundreds of pounds compared to the cost of insurance! Not that I intend having to spend my so called savings!

some insurance chappie said on another chat about this (on Bookatrack IIRC), that if you make a claim on a track only policy, then technically you should still inform your road policy that you have made a claim

It's in the wording of the question, if they ask something like:

'Have you had any accidents or claims regardless of fault in the last X years'

(which is more or less what they all seem to ask) there's nothing in there to exclude off road claims or even accidents where you didn't claim.

A nasty old minefield for sure but any insured claim (on or off road) will be logged on this big database they claim to have, so I'd admit it anyway, just to be safe.  ???

On, and FWIW I'd never use Sureterm, they charge £30.00 to make *any* amendment to a policy regardless of whether it increases the premium - name change, address change, like for like engine change etc etc. And that's an absolute rip off.  :angry:  :)

• 11 months later...

It's that time of year again, Sureterm have dropped trackday cover from their policy due to a large claim by a Porsche rolling customer!

So anyone else doing track day insurace included in cover at the moment?

regards,

Greg