• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Compo CXR's

gadrego

Thinking of getting a set of these in 13" variety in black.  Would like to a picture of some fitted to a Westfield if anybody can help.  Could only see silver ones on a search.

Also noticed that a few people have mentioned quality issues with this wheel.  What exactly is this reffering to?

Thinking of getting a set of these in 13" variety in black.  Would like to a picture of some fitted to a Westfield if anybody can help.  Could only see silver ones on a search.

Also noticed that a few people have mentioned quality issues with this wheel.  What exactly is this reffering to?

I think there talking about the quality of finish.

see here

& here

It is a worry.

The problem is, these are the best wheels around on a weight/cost basis.

I intend to tell Polley I've heard of quality issues and ask them to check mine before they go out.

I bought some black CXRs from Polleys a few months ago and to be honest the quality of finish was perfectly acceptable on all four.  

The only issue I have had is that the paint finish seems to have chipped off really easily on the edge of the rim when fitting tyres, but that's probably due to the monkey that fitted them!  :bangshead:

Otherwise, very pleased with them.  Maybe i've just been lucky...

Steve.

Here you go, Gads - albeit on a C7. If you find out anything about the current state of play of CXR quality/finish, let me know, as I am thinking of buying a set!

btb2004_compocxr.jpg

They do look good and different to the usual minilites etc..  I've had a few PM's from people who have had problems with them though so its putting me off a little at the moment.  I'll let you know if I change my mind Tony.  Good luck with the rest of your project.