Ruddy heatwave

samcooke

I spent ages setting my garage up to be comfortable to work in over winter, two wall heaters with timers, draft strips round the doors, the lot.

Now I can't do anything cos it's too fapping hot. Took my thermometer in there yesterday - 42 degrees.

I also found out that spray paint goes funny and bubbly in that sort of heat and now have lots of rubbing down to do.  :angry:

You were lucky I had to drive my westfield around in that heat,hell it was couldn't even wear the jacket I'd put in the back, costing me a fortune in sun cream :cool:  :cool:

:p  :p

Never driven the westy in this sort of heat before  :0 new gearbox now in and working well (thanks Paul, will post clutch aligner and drift this week)

Absolutely no wind chill at all and interestingly the temperature varied according to the type/colour of tarmac/road surface I was driving on.

Have you ever driven over a semi full discarded plastic lucozade bottle which exploded and showered you with its contents  :(  :(  :(  :(

Got back covered in sticky bits with tarmac splashes where local lanes had melted. :blush:

Great fun though  :devil:  :devil:  :love:

Try driving in mainland europe for the moment!!

In Luxembourg it's about 40°C in the shade.... And guess what, these bl**dy politicians (with aircon cars) decided to reduce speed limits to 90K on highway and 60 on the other roads because of potential pollution problems; so not much of cooling down here

:devil:  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:

I know its been bl**** hot recently, and has been farrrrr too hot on occasions to take the car out, but why are we so obsessed with the weather in this country? ???

Im guilty of it myself, moaning all last week because it was too hot  :devil: etc, but give it another month and we'll be complaining that it hasnt stopped raining, and we're all sick of getting wet. Another couple of months after that, it'll be its too cold, wish it would warm up a bit........and so-on! :zzz:  :zzz:

You'd think we'd be used to our seasons by now :arse:  ???

You'd think we'd be used to our seasons by now :arse:  ???

That is the trouble though, us Brits dont have chance to getr used to any kind of weather.... :angry:

Not so long ago it was snowing in July..... ???

It doesnt even snow in Winter any more :(