• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

RIP Fred Dibnah

scott beeland

Just got up an' found out the great man has lost his cancer fight.

A straight talkin man who was a  stalwart of traditional work techniques. A couple of guys at work saw him do live show not long ago and said he was brilliant

Agreed - love Fred Dibnah.  No-one else could say "does it actually work" in quite the same way, top bloke.

I also find it a fairly scary thought that both my parents are older than him!  Makes you think...

Very sad news, I don't know why, I thought he was older. Then again, maybe he just packed a lot into life.

Yep.

Top bloke - only met him once but he was exactly as you see him on TV.

David

:(  top bloke.

worked to health & safety proceedures as they should be too.

:(

Irreplaceable. He seemed to enjoy everything he did. His infectious enthusiasm will be very missed. :(

That's sad news - I always enjoyed his TV progs - always enthusiastic, knowledgeable and not in anyway "TV / PC pretentious"  :down:  :down:

Yes very sad to see him go, he was a man who not only talked the job but could do it. The workmanship he did on his house, the steam engines etc was impecable. And in this world of obsesive health and safety, political correctness and down right mamby pampy interfering, wasn't it great to see a man who did what he did the way he did it.

:( ......I would just like to reiterate what many of you have already said. For me, Fred was the real article; a born and bred artisan who was reminiscent of an England that is, sadly, no longer with us. My condolences to his family and many friends.

:down:

A true loss. Always enjoyed watching his documentories on TV, a real down to earth man, one of the old school and just a nice character. He will be very sadly missed in these days of "you cant do that because of  health and safety".

:down: