Track Day companies

scott beeland

I want to do a good few trackdays in 2005; so other than our own club days (which are always good value) and bookatrack (not done one yet) who do you use??

IMHO:

bookatrack.com are my faves, well organised, well priced and friendly.

easytrack.co.uk are fine but a bit less polished as an organisation so I have a little less confidence in them, IYSWIM.

goldtrack.com are supposedly a bit more 'upmarket' (read EXPENSIVE). I'm going to my first day on Tuesday at Brands.

The only one I wouldn't go back to are the Trakzone events organised by Donington themselves. They're very cheap and seem to attract nutters. I left at midday from the last one as there was just too many stoppages and poor driving.

What you need Scott is a subscription to Circuit Driver magazine.   If you do, I can get an extra 3 issues free - as long as you talk to me first ;)

To add to the list, I've used Track Action a couple of times (both at Oulton Park). Competitive pricing, usually run open pit-lane format, IMHO very professional.

They run quite a 'few end of season' sessions at Oulton, I'm just about to go and book one.

Scott, whoever you do decide to go with, make sure Oulton is on your list-very highly recommended experience. :cool:

Ive only been on one and that was Organised by Motorsport events, seemed very well organised to me and plently or marshals and safety people.  Pretty good value for a whole days action with open pit lane too.

Javelin offered some good track days in 2004 with discount rates for WSCC members  :D  :D  :D  ;)  :D Watch this space for any 2005 offers available  :D

Did a Bookatrack event at Rockingham yesterday, well organised and great fun. Would recommend them, a well organised outfit.

I've done a BookaTrack day too (at Ty Croes). The only (admittedly minor) moan was that they made a big deal about pulling people off the track if they were driving beyond their limits.

I followed (and Tommo is my witness ;)) some pratt in something odd looking, and he went off at the hairpin every lap for 4 or 5 laps in succession before I finally had the courage to risk going past him on the straight. He also brought my last session of the day to a halt (losing us about 10 or 15 mins track time) when he again went off at the hairpin, but this time managed to bury it in the tyres.

Andy

bookatrack and RMA..have used easytrack ,goldtrack ..........would totally recommend bookatrack .

also try and do some european events , until you have you really don't know what your missing.

I found this site very usefull,

www.uktrackdays.co.uk

Used alot of the ones mentioned above, but prefer the ones with "Open pitlane" and a good mix of cars. EVO active are also worth a look?

Mark