Oh No, not another Tyre thread!

Steve L

Yes, I searched the archive. No I am not asking what tyre is best for me.

I just would like to know how many miles I can expect to get out of a set of Yokohama 032s or 048s, and the question is directed at those who have actually thrashed a set of them.

I will be driving mostly on the street with, if I am lucky, 2-3 track days in a season.

Driving style, when there are no pedestrians or oncoming vehicles: how fast can I get through this curve? Can I improve on my 0-60 time?

Thanks for your help.

Steve

I did 5/6 track days on mine last year, with negligable road mileage on them. The back left tyre isnt really legal anymore, back right is ok, front 2 are fine. I should have started rotating them earlier. Also think my back end suspension geometry could do with looking at as the tyre wear was a bit odd.

thos - are those 32's or 48's s, ss, m, or mh???

fwiw - i went through a set of 185/13 48's medium on the back of mine in about 5000miles and i have a reasonably heavy right foot.  the fronts are still going strong at 7000 miles.  i think i did one track day on the rears and 2 track days on the front.  with the year weve had about 25% of those miles has been in the wet.

I did (from new to not road legal) set of softs in about 1000 miles maximum. Thats about 25% road (gentle) and the rest on track which split between airfields and circuits.

I did an airfield last month on a brand spanking new set and TBH I lost 50% of them there. If I was there again these tyres would have been shot. The airfields are very hard on these tyres, but if your like me and drive with spririt on the surfaces mentioned herein, don't expect more than 1500 miles   :(  :(  :blush:  :zzz:

Yes, Airfields are particularly bad for them, I did bruntingthorpe on a set of 32's and really noticed the wear... far more than a proper track. I probably did at least half a dozen trackdays on my 32's and a few sessions at the pod, they're still legal but just.

I've got 48's on the car now but not really done much in it this year, probably about 4000 road miles, with about 300 on the ring, quick but not that many corners and half a dozen doughnuts :devil: To be honest, they are hardly touched at the moment, which given the usage is hardly surprising.

Even if they last 1500 miles, I;d still reckon they're good value for money though on a smile per mile basis ;)

32's were soft and 48's, don't think there is an option in 15" is there?

Reckon I hold the record here then for 32 r ss life. My last set did 5k miles (road and 16 speed series rounds) before being donated to Gromit for him to destroy on a track day. The rears were just past wear bars....Fronts had wear bar just visible