Need to shave glass fibre - what tool to use

Dracoro

In the process of cutting all the bits out of my new bonnet. So far cut out airfilter hole and exhaust exit hole. So far so good. However I need a tool that will 'shave' the glass fibre down as sanding would take ages (I need to shave down 1 to 3mm in places). Is there a plane type tool that would do the job? At the front, the bonnet sits too high up so need to shave this to make it fit flush and need to do a top job so it all looks professional. :)

b******d file  

oh, how that used to make us laugh in school metalwork... :D

Talk to Ian RichardsonPermagrit

he owns a Cateringham and will have something that will do the job

I'd go along with the b******d file. 1-3mm isn't much really and if the file is in good condition it'll rip through that in no time.   It's what I've used on GRP on mine and I find that I'm less likely to make mistakes with hand tools.

one of those black and decker mouse things. comes with different grade paper and a nose attachment for fiddly bits. Took me about 30 minutes to do the nosecone hole on mine. Just be prepared for lots of dust- cover up well!

EDIT: I found course files tended to chip the gelcoat so be careful.

black and decker power file is what you need. :p