Company Car Tax

sedsy

Here goes.

I currently have a company car which i have to pay for my own private mileage (besides the blag) and to be honest i am not sure how much tax per month i actually pay to have it. It is a beat up 306 DT

I am looking into a new job which would give me a fully expensed company car (Focus/Mondeo size) so i would not have to pay for anything. Does anyone have a clue how much per month i would be taxed?? 18tdci Focus eg

:durr:

I would imagine that the car alone will take you into the 40% tax bracket.

Easy really, the emmisions figure on the car will give you the percentage of tax you pay on it's value.

Thiank a new Mondeo is 15 or 16% (should be euro IV) So assuming that cars P11D value is 18K, you'll pay either 25% or 40% on a figure of around £2850.00.

Fuel tax is now calculated on emmisons too, so you take 15/16% of the govts. figure of £14,400 and pay either 25% or 40% for that too.

Hope it makes sense :D

With the TDCi  engine you have to pay tax on 18% of the car value.  SO if you get one worth about £16,000 that would work out at paying 23% tax on £2,880.  So about £55 per month.

Not sure on the figures for fuel tax, but I would guess it would be about the same again.

With the TDCi  engine you have to pay tax on 18% of the car value.  SO if you get one worth about £16,000 that would work out at paying 23% tax on £2,880.  So about £55 per month.

Not sure on the figures for fuel tax, but I would guess it would be about the same again.

All new cars SHOULD be Euro IV so it will be 15% (no 3% surcharge if Euro IV)

It will be at least 25% !!!

Vehicle model:  Ford Focus Zetec TDCi 115 1.8, 5 dr, 5sp Man, Diesel

CO2 emissions:  145 g/km

Vehicle list price (including accessories):  £14 185.00

2004/05 £561.73  £46.81