Car running a little hot

Dracoro

For the last few months the westie has been running a little hotter than normal. Water temp can get up to 100 when having fun ;) but normally it sits at about 80. Water/Coolant is topped up, radiator running fine (well it works and in the summer I set it to cut in early as it was running to 120 under fun use or in slow town driving). No obvious oil leaks (levels seem fine) from any gasket areas. Overflow/catch tank steams when hot. Emptied it out yesterday, water came out (well, brown water), should it be oil rather than water?

Is it anything to worry about or is it normal temps etc. for a vx 2.0 16v on twin 45 webers?

See other thread about breaking down, but don't think it's *that* related as temps were fine then so have posted separate threads.

Not sure. How would I find out? Do you know where it should be located/what it looks like etc. :)

Ah now that's where "people you know and trust" come in handy when you're a mech muppet like me :blush:

Fellow speed series racer diagnosed and replaced mine post my Loton blow up.

Put a new pump in; a bit of replumbing....and it's running sweet as a nut

dracoro

mine seems to run the same,

so when you find out please let me no the answer.

ps mine got new water pump ???

Overflow/catch tank steams when hot. Emptied it out yesterday, water came out (well, brown water), should it be oil rather than water?

I guess you are refering to the engine breather catch tank? There may be *some* moisture in there, but if you have emptied a considerable amount of water out, it might mean that there is more serious problems looming...