• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Westie Wannabe

potster

Hi guys (& Girls)

Wonder if anyone on here can help me!? I've been fancying a Westie for some time now....but I have quite a steep drive that leads into my garage. (anyone guess whats coming next?)

So if there is anyone in the Skipton (North Yorkshire area) that would fancy a free brew (or something stronger) and the chance to park on my drive  ;) please let me know as I would love to buy a westie but would be devastated to build/buy one and find out it doesn't fit in the garage :bangshead:

Thanks in advance,

Stuart

p.s. Oh and Hi from a newbie! Great forum you have here.

Welcome aboard Stuart, I'm sure you'll find some helpful soul who'll come and test your drive :)

Good luck!

Andy

Welcome aboard Stuart, I'm sure you'll find some helpful soul who'll come and test your drive :)

Good luck!

Andy

That was very polite Andy.....!

;)  :devil:

Had the same problem with a steep slope (and it was a LOT worse getting the single seater from the trailer into the garage involving changing the wheels for taller ones  :angry: )  The problem was that the council had resurfaced the pavement which lifted it another inch into a real 'hump' that I had to get over - a couple of 2ft lengths of 6" x 2" wood solved that though  ;)

When I sold the Westie it went to someone else with a bit of a slope but still went in OK.

Welcome Potster !!!

I live in Harrogate about 20 miles from you and as far as I remember the road between us is flippin fantastic . Haven't had the car out for a while so a trip down you way would be fun. :p

Thanks for all the replies guys. Is it worth getting a couple of different cars tried on my drive? Being new to this game is there any diffences in height/ground clearance between vehicles?

P.S Thank you for the offers Mr-Rad and Boxerman33, I'll be taking them up shortly (....Wonders off to stick the kettle on)

That was very polite Andy.....!

I have been practising. Anyway, he didn't post a photo of it ;)

Andy

Is it worth getting a couple of different cars tried on my drive? Being new to this game is there any diffences in height/ground clearance between vehicles?

Maybe. There is bound to be some difference in ride height and clearances between cars.

Andy

Boxerman the road between us i wonderfull but so is the blue 54 plated scooby that patrols quite often, you cant miss it with its huge spoilers and big gold wheels. The big give away is the blue lights hiding in the grill and the bloke in the shirt and tie talkin in to his radio.

:)  :)  :)

Hope you drive isn't too steep as my westy has the old boat anchor engine and with all that weight on board it might not make it back up the slope again  :p  :p  :p  :D

Boxerman the road between us i wonderfull but so is the blue 54 plated scooby that patrols quite often, you cant miss it with its huge spoilers and big gold wheels. The big give away is the blue lights hiding in the grill and the bloke in the shirt and tie talkin in to his radio.

:)  :)  :)

Yes, he caught one of my mates doing 145mph .....needless to say he lost his license :0  :0  :0

Don't think it's the right weather to be blatting too quickly in the Westy though  :sheep:  :xmas:  :D

my drive is quite steep. Not entirely obvious by the picture below, but it may give you some idea.

2398.jpeg

I had to raise the floor (lengths of wood screwed down for the westie to drive onto) by about 4 inches.

HTH

Martin

???

I remember going to view a Westy nr Stone. Chap had a steep drive:kerb but just had 2 planks of wood ready to use whenever he went out/in!

Worked for him.

Where there's a will........

I have the same problem with my garage in Horsforth Leeds, so I made a pair of ramps about 3ins high I just drive over them. Its a bit of a pain placing/removing them everytime I come and go but what the hell.

Can't help with the car as its SORN'd at the mo

Buzz