• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Zetec engine mounts in an early SEiW

Jed

I've done a search and can't find the answer - so either it aint there or I'm just plain useless.

I have a '91 SEiW with a CVH thing and I'm going to fit a Zetec. What's the score with the engine mounts? Is is a straight swap (unlikely knowing my luck) or are new mounts required?  

I've tried measuring the two but it's not so easy with one in the car.  The last thing I want to do is pull the engine out then find I need more parts to fit the Zetec in. That'd be a waste of valuable road time.

Jed, a quick call to the factory will tell you all you need to know. Mind you, Blatters will probably be a long in a few hours with search results!!

Stuart

hmm... I'm judging by the complete lack of response that very few of you have upgraded from CVH to Zetec - despite quite a few saying they were about to in previous posts... Of course if it was a VX lump going in, then I'd be swamped with replies.  :):):)

Waiting for a response from the factory.

I have a '97 seiw and had been converted to Zetec by the previous owner from CVH.As far as I know the Zetec block is the CVH,so should swap straight over.I have a nut and bolt costing by the previous owner on the conversion and there is no mention of changing the engine mounts anywhere.

Mr Thrustyjust sir,

any chance of forwarding a copy of that "nut and bolt" conversion? It could save me bl**** hours on tinternet and phone.

Many thanks if possible.

MArk

AFAIK the zetec is pretty much the same block casting as the cvh!

That's what I thought because of all the ZVH conversions being done. With the ZVH the only reference to engine mounts is the upper mount which I suspect wouldn't be used in our situation.

The factory have replied that I need to grind the old mountys from the chassis (they're welded on) and get new ones from them.

On the CVH setup the alternator is on the nearside and the bracket appears to be part of the engine mount. The offside engine mount looks like it fits to where the factory supplied Zetec  alternator mounts to.  

I'll have to check under the bonnet of a Zetec motor at the next meeting me thinks.

Just in the process of changing from CVH to Zetec. You will need new mounts, but which ones depends on the gearbox that is fitted. Mine is a Type 9 with narrow tunnel and the chassis has flat plates welded on top of the box sections -- the new offside mount fits to the isolator on top of the chassis plate. The nearside one is similar to the CVH one and connects to the isolator which sits at about 45deg.

The CVH is being lifted out tomorrow if you want I can e-mail some pictures

Trevor

Trevor,

Some photos would be useful.  Mine has flat plates welded on top of the box sections and the mount welded to these.  I'd also be interested to know how well the exhaust fitted - was the bodywork hole still in approx the right place? I assume you're using the factory supplied exhaust manifold.

Bad news I'm afraid,I have found that there is a bill for £40 on the list for 'engine mounts' from Westfield.Don't know wether these are the rubber bits or the metal arms :(

Just checked my receipt from Westfield -- the engine mounts (brackets) were £58.97 inc VAT for the pair.

The zetec exhaust has four tubes exiting through the bodywork, whereas the CVH only had two. Initial measurements show that I have to enlarge the hole forwards, but I have to recheck at least one more time before I cut!!

Jed

Were you not doing a cvh to 4age conversion  ???

If you chat to Chaz he has a Zetec and is well versed with all things to do with westy conversions  :t-up: