How do I get to my spark plugs on my VX

Dracoro

Got a VX 2.0 16v and went to inspect the sparks. Took the cover thingy off (the bit with vauxhall/16v written on), removed the ht lead to see the plug about 3 or 4 miles down a shaft! My normal spark plug socket is too wide to fit down this shaft. So how do I get the darn things out to check them?

thanks in advance....

Hi Dracoro

Sorry if I'm stating something you know but spark plugs normally come in 2 sizes. The Vx XE usually has the smaller type fitted.  ;)

My normal spark plug socket is too wide to fit down this shaft

To get these blighters out you'll need a small spark plug socket

(there's 2 types) and a long entension for your drive.

HTH,

Ian  :t-up:

A 'double depth 5/8" or 16mm socket will get them out IIRC. Trade tip, loosen them with the socket. Next, find a piece of rubber hose that fits snugly on the plug insulation, and unscrew them with that. This way, they wont fall out of the socket as you are trying to pull them out of the 4 mile hole...

Also, put the plugs back in with the same rubber hose. Not only prevents the above again, but prevents you doing any damage if the plug 'catches' cross threaded...   ;)