• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

No Instructions For Exhaust

Eddy5

Picked up my Dad's Westy yesterday, all very exciting. Whilst watching a Racing Car is born, apart from noticing how much he's had done for him already, also noticed how the holes were already cut for the exhaust. We both though that's looks a bit tricky, so we'd consult the instructions. Absolutely no mention of how to fit the exhaust. Our best guess is it should be in Module 5. And there is a completely blank page on 25 (No page number or anything) where it could be located. Has anyone else seen the instructions for the exhaust?

I've already printed off the very helpful instructions from Oakwood_Data for hole cut out. Just wondered really if our instructions are missing something.

Hi Eddy

I didn't get any instructions either - common sense dictates that you start with a small hole and enlarge to suit.  I haven't actually done this yet, so I'd be interested to see how you get on.

;)

Try tapeing a sheet of carboard roughty in the place where the manifold comes throught the chassis rails and hack that about until you get a good fit with the manifold, then simply transfer that pattern onto your tub.  :)

Unless your tub is already riveted on that is.  :(

Other than that its as said previously, start with a small hole and work  slowly from there.

Best of luck.

Phil

Best bet is to fit the engine, then temporary fit the exhaust before fitting the main body tub, take measurements from some of the chassis rails, remove exhaust, then transpose the measurements onto the body once fitted.

I had instructions in my manual!!!!

I can photocopy them and post them if required.  Mine included full dimensions, although I did need to do a bit of filling.

Don`t be put off with cutting the holes, it is very very easy.  And worse case, repairs can be carried out.

I was petrified when I first cut into mine, but now its no problems.