My homemade hayabusa turbo 7 DASH

BUSANOSTRA

Am I missing something?

I've been trying to follow this thread from day 1, but for the life of me I can't understand why anyone would want to fit a dashboard to there dining room table .

???  ???  ???

Am I missing something?

I've been trying to follow this thread from day 1, but for the life of me I can't understand why anyone would want to fit a dashboard to there dining room table .

???  ???  ???

LOL !!!  :D  :D  :D

On the  subject of DIY dashboards..

Here is my effort finished in leatherette, incorporating a lightening loom warning light module which may be of interest to some of you.

2392.jpeg

The full dash is here: Dash

All comments welcome :)

Stevo

It's black  :D  :D  :D  :p  :D  :p  :D

Ask Mike Ashton about leather dashes  :D  :devil:  :devil:  :D  :D he's an expert on em :D  :devil:  :D

Stevo, is it me or does the leatherette around small guages and switches look creased?

Good practical layout though, and warning light cluster looks interesting - have I seen that mentioned on here before?

Malc.

The hole for the oil gauge was only just big enough when leatherette-afied and when I pushed the gauge through a certain amount of creasing ensued. I was gutted to say the least.

The lightening loom is fairly new, I think it was first shown at the Stoneleigh show. The symbols are very bright and clear but the installation is a bit fiddly as the module sticks out by about 50mm and has a PCB stuck to the back. The wires are also pretty thin so I am not too sure how long the connectors will stay attatched. There was also a problem with the early batches where the engine would continue to run even when the key was removed! I was alarmed to say the least but they changed it FOC.

Stevo, are you going to have another go or try to smooth the creases out?

Ahh I know where I've seen the warning light cluster now, it's being sold by Europa. Called Bright 6 Warning Light Module £34.75 + VAT.

On the subject of Dashboards anyone seen this nice bit of gadgetery here

Malc.

The hole for the oil gauge was only just big enough when leatherette-afied and when I pushed the gauge through a certain amount of creasing ensued. I was gutted to say the least.

Looks like you didn't have enough tension in the leathercloth.

Ah well...good excuse to put a carbon one in now :D

bright6.jpg

"BRIGHT 6" LED ILLUMINATED WARNING LIGHT MODULE

SVC are pleased to be distributors for this new product.

Simple to wire in - give your dash that "professional" look.