• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Vx Help

Dave's seiw2000

Hi

I’m a bit of a newbe and need some help

Ive got a seiw starter kit and had planed to use a 2L zetec but after seeing the inside of my to be reconditioned lump (not good lots of shiny bits in the sump) I have seen the light and now plan on fitting a 2l Vx. What I need to know is where the engine used in 2L 16v Vauxhall cars the same or are there specific donors to look for?

Also are there any Vx owers out there in the Hampshire (Southampton) area that would not mind me having a nose around their pride and joy

Any 2.0l 16 valver from pre M reg cars is what you're after...

Also are there any Vx owers out there in the Hampshire (Southampton) area that would not mind me having a nose around their pride and joy

LeonB to the Boardroom please....

Get yerself along to the Hants and Wilts meeting this Sunday. Check the "Events" section for time and location...

E-bay and MiGweb are good sources of info and/or Vx engines. MiGweb especially so, as it's a Vx based discussion forum which is so busy it makes thiss BB look positively quiet. MiGweb is agreat utility though. I never post over there, I just use their search function...

Dave's seiw2000

Hello & welcome  :t-up:

Re engine choice, had you thought about a Duratec, I'm not sure how much these can be sorced seconhan but it seems like the engine of the future, good power & light weight.

If your gonna be buying all the ancilleries new then the Duratec would be a very good choice, however if your on a tight budget then maybe worth buying a Zetec/VX setup from someone who's upgrading. seems like you can pickup all you'd need for not much.

Vauxhall C20XE Engine for sale

New 210+bhp 1.8 zetec

Match either to Quaife Pro 5 speed synchro box & go RACING..... :D  :D  :D  :D

Good luck...........Andy :t-up:

Dave, im in ringwood, but at the moment no engine in my Westy :( Long story.

Your welcome to pop round at any time though.

Engine, well there's one for sale near me for £300 if ur interested?

Dave,

Dont let Leon near anything that is worth anything to you as things tend to break when touched my his cursed fingers :D  

Sorry Leon, had to get there before someone else did :D

Leon,How is things going with yours?? if you need a hand or anything just let me know ;)

Dave, if you cant get to see Leons then i am in Andover, feel free to pop around sometime, try and go for not to wet of a day, and we can go for a play..

Glen

Dave

I too am fitting a vx in my car.I did a lot of pricing up when I first bought my donor engine on the cost of rebuilding. I did want quite a high spec , but they are not a cheap engine to rebuild even to standard if you do it properly. Dont forget, these engines are 10+ years old now so you are going to be into a full rebuild.

Dont forget to factor in the extra cost of buying a bellhousing etc on top of the build.

I have got to say the engine looks superb in the engine bay and sounds superb so I have no regrets BUT, and its a big but, for the cost of rebuilding my engine, with throttle boddies wilder cams etc, I could have bought an almost new Duratec engine which are lighter , and seem to be becoming the engine of choice for the engine tuning firms. Just keep an open mind on your engine choice  and do plenty of research first.

Mark

Leon,How is things going with yours?? if you need a hand or anything just let me know ;)

Cheers Glen, might just take you up on that when I put the engine back in.  ;)

Guy’s thanks for all the help.

Leon / Glen will take you up on those kind offers will PM you next week to arrange

I looked at using a Duratec earlier in the year but was told it wouldn’t fit in a Zetec seiw body due to framework in the way, is this the case?

:bangshead:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:

Guy’s thanks for all the help.

Leon / Glen will take you up on those kind offers will PM you next week to arrange

I looked at using a Duratec earlier in the year but was told it wouldn’t fit in a Zetec seiw body due to framework in the way, is this the case?

:bangshead:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:

Who told you that ???

SEiW's are all the same chassis apart from MT75 tunnel, which i'm sure is fairly standard & is the wider one so as long as you have this it's just engine mounts etc............................................

P.S. what G.Box you planning ???

There is nothing that an angle grinder or an over the chassie rail/bonnet exit exhaust won't over come

I will have acsess to a CNC programe for a bonnet exhaust in the new year so will be able to help there.

I can also make you engine mounts