Whats left of SWIMBO,s car!

taffy

Dont know if you remember me saying Pat hit a Cow when coming home the other night?

Here is the result:

2334.jpeg

A near miss or what?

Even with a freezer full of Beef, its taken some time for her to get over the "Event"!.

She was doin about 40mph, skidded about 10 feet before impact!

Good job it wasnt the Westy! :D  :D

Rob

But if it was the Westy she could have driven underneath  :t-up:  :D

But ding, a lucky escape indeed !!

I heard a rather shocking statistic today - apparently a full-grown dairy cow weighs in at about 2,500lbs, which is sligthly more than twice what my Westfied weighs !!  :0

Blimey...worse than i thought  :0

I wonder if manufacture's look into this type of accident in the future.....maybe make it a EURO NCAP test?  :durr:

Taking that point further, I wonder how the occupants would have faired in the new "pedestrian friendly" cars (like the new 407) with the soft fronts and low engines? Give me something solid and light every time, I think...

:0  :0  :0  Glad She's alright Taffy, a lucky escape.

" Freezer full of Beef "  How big's your Barbecue Taffy ? is it too late in the season for one for all of us  ???  :D

Sorry but have to ask ....

was it her own miss stake   :p

glad to know she's Ok

dont forget to sue the farmer ( free spuds for life)

Sorry but have to ask ....

was it her own miss stake   :p

glad to know she's Ok

dont forget to sue the farmer ( free spuds for life)

Would've been funny if you'd spelt steak right... :p:p:p

Looks to me like the sunroof has strengthened the roof, as the creasing stops fairly abruptly at that point.  :0  :0

Glad to hear she walked away  :t-up:  :t-up:

David

Looks to me like the sunroof has strengthened the roof, as the creasing stops fairly abruptly at that point

Yes, the rear hatch wouldent open as the roof was creased.

Yup, she has had loadsa Cow jokes.

Best laugh was Zurich insurance has a call centre in Asia, trying to explain to sombody "over there" that she had hit a Cow, took some doin!:D

The young lady helpfully explained to us that the "Cow was an animal, and therefore it was Pats fault she had hit it"!!  :devil:  :devil:

The other sting in the tail, was even though Pat had roadside recovery and had the nounce to tell the "Boys in Blue" that she would recover the vehicle, they insisted that they would arrange recovery.

I had a car with a towbar and towrope and we could have pushed it into a layby 50 metres away, they still insisted they would arrange recovery.

Outcome; Bill for £150.00 recovery, £12.00 a day storage and £40.00 disposal   :devil:  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:

What a scam! :devil:

Happy days!  :D

Rob