• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

First ride in a westy

Gromit

Just got back from my first blat in a westy thanks to Scott Beeland. Still got the grin on my face, it`s nice to know what to expect when I get mine on the road (although probably not quite as quick). :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

I feel more encouraged to get back out in the garage and do more work on mine now so big thanks to Scott.

:t-up:

:devil:  :devil:

Got to say though...........I'm the LUCKIEST Westfield driver of the day :0  :0

Dropped phil off and blatted my way back home. Entry into roundabout; and very nicely round the outside of a biker....accelerate  hard downhill past Safari park....now doing a shade over 59mph :blush:  ;) ...white van just up ahead....so I set myself to go into outside lane to take the final roundabout.....and BLAM :0  HE PULLS OUT inches infront of me :angry:  I brake REALLLLLLY hard and the car does 180 spin to the left....All 4 smoking the car then slews to the right heading backwards towards the centre grass divide (no armco). before we stop I go through another 90 degree to the left. a VAST amount of distance travelled with all 4 anchors solid

How I missed everything I'll never know :oops:

Biker flies past and then I'm faced with 30 seconds of oncoming traffic....while I try and work out what to do so I don't get mashed....... Get it together and do the last 300 yards believing there IS someone looking after me ???

Do I feel lucky????? You betcha Do I have flat spotted tyres? You betcha  :bangshead:

Am I glad I was on 1b's? :D  :t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:

I wasn't gonna drink today.....But I think a wee dram is in order :oops:

Pity Phil was'nt on board  :)  yer'd really ave impressed im  :)

Glad to know you walked away, is the car undamaged ?

???

Car undamaged.

I don't reckon he'd have been impressed. Also with the extra weight the momentum might just have seen us over the central reservation and into something WHOLLY UNPLEASANT.......oncoming traffic :0

Pity Phil was'nt on board  

Bo**cks to that.

Flippin heck scott, I told you you must have an arrangement with the big man upstairs.

Also with the extra weight

You hinting something here. I`am not that overweight.

Glad to here you & car are OK though.

:D  :D

HMMM flatted the tyres eh. You`ll be needin a new set then.

How much are you floggin the old ones for?

:p

GERROFF :D

One lengthy blat and they'll be back to normal.....Like driving on butter circles  :D

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm  mmmelty :p  :p

Glad to hear that you got off with that one - I had a moment a good few years ago when a I lost my car on an snowy road ans manage to slot it between 2 lap post on the grass verge ??????

Did you get the starter from Phil to give to DickieB ?

Pleased to hear your OK Scott, you just stay clear of those white vans for a while :D

I'll swap you 4 banana tyres for that nice shiny chassi

Hmmm let me see.

Make a sentence out of the following words, `off , p**s`

Anyway youd only go and cut holes in it.

I'll swap you 4 banana tyres for that nice shiny chassi

Hmmm let me see.

Make a sentence out of the following words, `off , p**s`

Anyway youd only go and cut holes in it.

:arse: