Thames Valley Xmas Lunch - 12th Dec

Neil H

All.

Hi. I've pasted (below) the text of an e-mail I sent to the TV members regarding an Xmas lunch on our scheduled December meeting; 12th Dec. This posting is in case my address book is out of date or misses anyone out.

Anyone from neighbouring areas interested in joining us for turkey and Christmas pud are more than welcome - as are "the other-halves".

------------------------------------------------------  

Hi. As promised I've pulled together options for an xmas meal\lunch and provided details below.

Have worked on the assumption that the most agreeable date would be our normal monthly Sunday meeting in December - Dec 12th (sit down @ 1PM). However, if you do wish to come but can't make this date then mail me with some alternative date\time options. Obviously I can take all suggestions into account but will have to go with the majority.

Please reply back to me, if you wish to join in, stating;

(1) Order of preference of options.

(2) Date you wish to attend.

(3) Number of people.

Each establishment has kindly "pencilled" us in for Dec 12th and I would wish to confirm or cancel with each of them within the next week.

Let me know if you need additional info on menus and veggie options; which all provide.

Depending on chosen venue I may have to collect deposits of £5/head - I'll keep you informed.  

OPTION 1

--------

Bird in Hand

Normal 2 course Sunday menu featuring lamb, chicken, pork and turkey roast. Xmas pud for afters :-)

£13.50 a head

Will give us our own function room off the side of the main lounge for between 12 and 20 people.

OPTION 2

--------

Bird in Hand

As above, but FULL 3-course Christmas menu (attached to e-mail)

£22.95 a head

Own function room again

OPTION 3

--------

Wee Waif - A4 near Twyford\Sonning roundabout

http://www.readingrestaurants.com/wee_waif/

Set 2-course menu = £13

Set 3-course menu = £16

Shall receive menu in couple of days, but will be normal for this chain (Chef and brewer?) with turkey roast and xmas pud.

OPTION 4

--------

Red Lion - near Silchester

Set NON-Xmas menu (attached to e-mail)

£17.50 a head

Cheers,

Neil

neil@n-hatton.demon.co.uk

Bird in Hand sounds great  :D  :D  :D

Put me down for 2 places.

:xmas:  :xmas:  :xmas:

Yup. Bird in hand, 3 courses please...

2 to attend. :t-up:

NOTE. I attendee from the Blatman household is a vegetarian, so please make sure the various places have a *decent* vegetarian option.

Blatman.

I have you down for two; with one veggie. Jane's also veggie, so I''ll ensure it's covered.

Cheers,

Neil

Karen and me down for it.Either venue,looks more like the Bird In Hand it will be.Will try and speak to Del this week and advise him of the do.Cheers Justin

oops two meat eaters and 3 course of course!!!

Justin.

Have added you and Karen to the list.

Cheers,

Neil

James.

I've added you to the list and for a 3-course.

We're going with the Bird in Hand; they're doing a per-head deal that's just the same as a Chef and Brewer. And the venue makes obvious sense.

Cheers,

Neil