OT - Ebay tips

samcooke

I've decided I need to sell all the tat that's in my attic / garage / shed / house / car / pockets to make enough money to build my car.

Ebay seems the best option. Anyone regularly use it? Got any tips? I'm trying one item at the mo that's not really attracting any lookers, never mind bidders.

There's so many options on uprgades and extras you can buy for an extra 12p here and there that I've no idea what's worth buying and what isn't.

TIA

PS - here's what I'm trying to sell:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws....LC:UK:1

You know you want it.

Nobody bids until the last hour anyway usually, unless they are 'new' to Ebay ;):p

I used it a bit but then they started to charge VAT on something I've already paid the VAT on, b******do government!  :(

I used paypal once (never again for no real reason though).

I just say cheques or cash only (balance transfers are good) some idiots do bid then say "I thought you took paypal?"

I won't carry on as I'll just go into a mindless rant about how dim people appear to be, etc  :0

Don't trust anybody

:t-up:

Nobody bids until the last hour anyway usually, unless they are 'new' to Ebay

Reassuring, thanks  :)

E-bay is no probs although if selling get your mitts on the hard stuff before you let anything go. Be prepared for buyers not to get in touch too :angry:

Try Find it UK for free ads etc etc with photos. Easy to use, Ive sold loads through it and even bought my Westy on it it :p:p

HTH    ;)

So far i've had no problems, selling or buying.

Paypal has always been reliable. I even use it to make a monthly payment for my webhosting

Make sure you have a decent picture. If it's worth more than 100 quid then certainly gallery it and remember that the short title is what people search on so dont abbreviate if you can help it

I also use PayPal to receive and send money. The only problems I've had were with rogue sellers, not with PayPal per se. However, unless you complain about a transaction within (I think) 30 days of making it, PayPal don't want to know.

Andy

Yeah, personally I've never bothered with that.

I just have the one picture if they want more they can e-mail.

Admittedley most of my items are under £100. I've only sold 2-3 things over £100.

Make sure you either set a reserve price or set the starting price at the minimum you're prepared to accept for your item.

I sold a timeshare this way and got the price I wanted